From: "George M. Florendo" <georgeflorendo@gmail.com>
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: ps shows same process more than once
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 09:40:00 -0000	[thread overview]

On 2/17/14, Christopher Faylor wrote:

<snipped>

>>Thanks a lot cgf.  Checked the latest snaphshot.   ps -W still shows
>>the same process (with same PID) twice, while ps aux shows it only
>>once.  Here, please look at process 5952:
>
> I've put up another snapshot which causes the same cygwin pid to be
> listed twice with two different WINPIDs which can happen when a cygwin
> process is started by a windows process and then execs another process.
>
> Please try it and try to let me know if it works in less than 1.5
> months.

Thanks a lot cgf!  Whew, I'm glad my reply came before 1.5 months.
I'm happy to announce that the problem had been SOLVED and that the
current snapshot has solved the problem.  Hence, the PIDs from 'ps -W'
are no longer displayed more than once.  Each unique PID is displayed
only once!  Thank you so much cgf.

All the best and more power to cygwin,

George

--