From: Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@gmail.com>
To: Brian.Inglis@systematicsw.ab.ca, cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: permission question
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2016 22:09:00 -0000	[thread overview]

If I'm going to relegate rsync to the trash bin due to it not
supporting Windows permissions well enough to be useful, I've got
other Windows recursive copy tools I use that don't preserve
permissions either.

I can't tell you how much I love Windows security permissions.  :(

In the mean time I have a huge number of folders now on my destination
drive I need to delete.  (over a million files it seems).

Neither cygwin, nor windows says I have permission to delete them.

Any idea how I can do it short of reformating.

Thanks
Greg
--
Greg Freemyer