I refreshed my Cygwin installation over the weekend, and ever since I have not been able to run gdb under emacs as I previously had done. I use M-x gdb to start the gud interface, and as soon as I enter the "run" command, I get a message saying either "Debugger aborted (core dumped)" or a similar message reporting a segmentation violation in the debugger. I have tried various combinations of previous versions of emacs and gdb, but all have the same result. gdb run from a regular shell window works fine. I assume, then, that it's something else in my environment that changed with the refresh last weekend. I don't recall when my most recent previous refresh of the Cygwin installation was, but it's probably on the order of a couple or three months, so whatever the problem is, it might not be terribly recent. Thanks for any suggestions. -- William M. (Mike) Miller | Edison Design Group william.m.miller@gmail.com