* Terminal font-size changes
@ 2012-10-05 16:30 Jim Schueler
From: Jim Schueler @ 2012-10-05 16:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hello.

Some key stroke combination makes the font-size smaller.  Actually, under
font-size settings, the settings never change.  In order to reset the font size,
I need to manually change it to another font size, then change it back again.
Maybe the key-stroke generates a "zoom out" request.

This problem is annoying enough that I have effectively discontinued using
Cygwin.  Can anyone help me disable this "feature"?

Thanks!

 -Jim

* Re: Terminal font-size changes
@ 2012-10-05 17:43 ` Gregory M. Turner
From: Gregory M. Turner @ 2012-10-05 17:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin; +Cc: Jim Schueler

On 10/5/2012 9:24 AM, Jim Schueler wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Some key stroke combination makes the font-size smaller.  Actually, under
> font-size settings, the settings never change.  In order to reset the font size,
> I need to manually change it to another font size, then change it back again.
> Maybe the key-stroke generates a "zoom out" request.
>
> This problem is annoying enough that I have effectively discontinued using
> Cygwin.  Can anyone help me disable this "feature"?

20 questions?

There's lots of different kinds of terminals you could be using.  You're
unlikely to get any help if you don't mention what terminal you are
having this problem with.

-gmt

* Re: Terminal font-size changes
@ 2012-10-05 18:10   ` Larry Hall (Cygwin)
From: Larry Hall (Cygwin) @ 2012-10-05 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 10/5/2012 1:43 PM, Gregory M. Turner wrote:
> On 10/5/2012 9:24 AM, Jim Schueler wrote:
>> Hello.
>>
>> Some key stroke combination makes the font-size smaller.  Actually, under
>> font-size settings, the settings never change.  In order to reset the font
>> size,
>> I need to manually change it to another font size, then change it back again.
>> Maybe the key-stroke generates a "zoom out" request.
>>
>> This problem is annoying enough that I have effectively discontinued using
>> Cygwin.  Can anyone help me disable this "feature"?
>
> 20 questions?
>
> There's lots of different kinds of terminals you could be using.  You're
> unlikely to get any help if you don't mention what terminal you are having
> this problem with.

Or better yet:

Larry

A: Yes.

@ 2012-10-05 18:24 ` Andy Koppe
From: Andy Koppe @ 2012-10-05 18:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 5 October 2012 17:24, Jim Schueler wrote:

Assuming you're using the default terminal:

> Some key stroke combination makes the font-size smaller.  Actually, under
> font-size settings, the settings never change.  In order to reset the font size,
> I need to manually change it to another font size, then change it back again.

Ctrl+zero resets it.

> Maybe the key-stroke generates a "zoom out" request.

That's Ctrl+minus.

> This problem is annoying enough that I have effectively discontinued using
> Cygwin.  Can anyone help me disable this "feature"?

Right Click->Options->Keys->Shortcuts->Zoom

Andy