On 21 December 2016 at 10:01, Nellis, Kenneth wrote: > > From: Nellis, Kenneth > > I suspect the issue is that some required DLLs are not in > > my PATH. Indeed, my Cygwin PATH is a pruned version of my > > Windows PATH. > > Actually, that's not the case and is irrelevant as Lee demon- > strates in https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2016-12/msg00220.html. > > Comparing the output from > Windows: C:/>path > and > cygwin/bash: $ cmd /c path > shows only new paths added to support Cygwin. > > I'm on Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise Edition, 64-bit Service Pack 1 (build 7601) > > FWIW, output from "cygcheck -svr" attached. > > --Ken Nellis Attached is a bash script, renamed as openurl.sh.txt, which will open a url with either the default browser or Internet Explorer. It takes care of the case when CYGWIN_NOWINPATH=1, and where COMSPEC does not exist in the environment or does not point to an executable program or when /cygdrive/c/ does not point to the C: disk. Before using, strip CRs (just in case) using d2u (or dos2unix), rename to openurl or openurl.sh or ..., place in your path, eg. $HOME/bin and make executable. HTH, Doug -- Doug Henderson, Calgary, Alberta, Canada - from gmail.com