Hi, I am recently setting up the computer room of my faculty and then encountered the following issue: Short description: Change the default home directory via /etc/nsswitch.conf and make a new Windows user. Login to the new user (and do not logout) and launch cygwin. After opening another application's window, e.g. Explorer, and try to switch the focus between the cygwin window and the other window. After once or twice of switch, switching is not smooth and both the cygwin and the other application seem freezing. (Still we can launch powershell to restart the machine.) Procedure to reproduce the issue: 1. Login as an administrator. 2. Install cygwin with the default configuration. 3. In C:\cygwin64\etc\nssswitch.conf, replace # db_home: /home/%U to db_home: /%H/cygwin and save the file. 4. Create a new Windows user, say "test", without Microsoft account. 5. Logout from the administrator user used so far. 6. Login as the user "test". (Do not logout in the remaining steps.) 7. Launch cygwin from the desktop icon. 8. Run cygcheck -s -v -r > cygcheck_before_crash.out (to reproduce the issue, this step is unnecessary.) 9. Open a window of the Explorer. 10. Click the cygwin window. This does not switch the focus to the focus... 11. Click the cygwin icon in the task bar. Probably it switches the window. 12. Run cygcheck -s -v -r > cygcheck_after_crash.out (to reproduce the issue, this step is unnecessary.) 13. Click the Explorer window. This does not switch the focus to the focus... 14. Click the "x" mark on the top right of the cygwin window. This does not close the window... 16. Close the cygwin from the task bar. Probably it closes the window. For me, the behaviour in the step 11, 14, 15 are rather troublesome. If the situation is worse, then I cannot even use the start menu to turn off the machine. In such a case, still I could launch PowerShell with keyboard and run Restart-Computer -Force to restart the machine. Note that if you logout and re-login after the step 6 or if you are using Windows 10, then the issue is not reproduced. Environment: Edition Windows 11 Home Version 22H2 Installed on ‎3/‎29/‎2023 OS build 22621.1413 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22639.1000.0 I attach the above two log files. (Some Japanese is included, sorry: some translations are "なし" = "not applicable" and "ローカル アカウント" = "local account") I would appreciate it very much if someone would solve this issue. Yours, Yuta Suzuki