* Searching in Cygwin Setup slow on Windows 10
@ 2015-06-04 13:44 Jim Reisert AD1C
From: Jim Reisert AD1C @ 2015-06-04 13:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I'm running Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview, Build 10130 and setup-x86
2.871. Typing a string into the search box is slow - about one
character/second. Is it just me, or is this a known problem?  I do not
experience this on my Windows 7 machines.

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us

* Re: Searching in Cygwin Setup slow on Windows 10
@ 2015-06-04 22:53 ` Stephen John Smoogen
From: Stephen John Smoogen @ 2015-06-04 22:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I have replicated this on Windows 10 and also in Windows 7 when using
the cygwin-setup downloaded as of last week.

On 4 June 2015 at 07:44, Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu> wrote:
> I'm running Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview, Build 10130 and setup-x86
> 2.871. Typing a string into the search box is slow - about one
> character/second. Is it just me, or is this a known problem?  I do not
> experience this on my Windows 7 machines.
>
> --
> Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us
>
> --

Stephen J Smoogen.

* Re: Searching in Cygwin Setup slow on Windows 10
@ 2015-06-04 23:38   ` Jim Reisert AD1C
From: Jim Reisert AD1C @ 2015-06-04 23:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Thu, Jun 4, 2015 at 4:52 PM, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:

> I have replicated this on Windows 10 and also in Windows 7 when using
> the cygwin-setup downloaded as of last week.

That's a good data point.  I haven't searched on Win 7 with the newest
setup.  I was recalling my experience from previous versions.  But
yes, you are right, same here on Win 7 with newest setup.  Glad to
know the problem is not specific to Windows 10.

--

@ 2015-06-08 12:15     ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2015-06-08 12:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin