Is there a way to debug why a MySQL query using Cygwin's mysql client is causing the entire Cygwin mysqld daemon to die? I'm not seeing anything useful in /var/log/mysql* There's nothing in event viewer either except the service entered a stopped state. I'm dealing with a Union query that works just fine in Linux, but is crashing with the latest MariaDB cygwin package in Windows. "ERROR 2013 (HY000) at line 1: Lost connection to MySQL server during query" I'm not sure how to get information as to why it's crashing.