I also had this problem with a freshly created fedora 25 VM. I am keeping both cygwin and the VMs up to date. XWin.0.log attached. On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 3:07 PM, Jon Turney wrote: > On 11/02/2017 22:14, Gulliver Smith wrote: >> >> I don't know if this is a Fedora 25 question or a cygwin X question >> since I upgraded at the same time. >> >> Ever since my Fedora 25 upgrade, the menus from programs running on >> the Linux box using cygwin x as the X server appear off screen at the >> top left. It is impossible to use these menus. > > > Thanks for reporting this. > > There have been a few other similar reports, so I'd like to understand what > the problem is here. > > For future issues, can I ask you to use the cygwin list, per [1] > > [1] https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree-announce/2015-03/msg00001.html > >> An example is Firefox'smenu, but this happens with many Linux programs. >> >> Is there a configuration option that I am missing in cygwin X? > > > No, I think this is probably a bug, somewhere. > >> Fedora release 25 (Twenty Five) > > > I built an x64 Fedora 25 VM and attempted to reproduce this problem, but > with no success. > > Are you using a non-default visual theme? > > Can you attach an XWin.0.log file? I'm interested if you have a single or > multiple monitor setup, and what the monitor geometry is. > > -- > Jon Turney > Volunteer Cygwin/X X Server maintainer