* 64 bit setup fails to run on WIndows 10
@ 2019-03-11 21:39 Adrian Blakey
From: Adrian Blakey @ 2019-03-11 21:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Any ideas why the 64 bit setup program fails to run at all on my corporate
Windows 10 laptop, whereas the 32 setup runs fine?

The symptoms are whenever I run it either from the finder or from the
command line it does not initialize or produce any output.

The machine is modern Lenovo Thinkpad that's only a couple of years old.
it's running:

Windows 10 Enterprise V 1703 OS Build 15063.1631 64 bit.

I believe I have admin rights however even if I try to run it with
--no-admin it makes no difference - it simply does not execute. I have
noticed the same behavior with a couple of other open source windows
installers.