Some examples that I view that can do Cygwin better by default: tput colors 8 echo $TERM xterm And if use vim, comparing with one Ubuntu terminal: I need to set "set mouse-=a" because the copy paste is difficult. The colors are very bright. The cursor does not look good when doing a search and moves over the yellow background text. What settings would I need to make it look like Ubuntu's vim? I don't know if I can put screenshots to explain it better. Regards El jue., 11 abr. 2024 14:36, J M escribió: > Hi, > > You can change in the initial install setup of Cygwin to set the default > terminal to 256 color as Ubuntu does? > > Regards > > >