From: Aaron Watry <awatry@gmail.com>
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: core dump using Make 3.81
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 17:36:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Hello all,

Matthias Bauer had reported an error in the OpenOffice.org build using
Make 3.81 back in February [1].  I'm writing today to mention that I
ran into what I believe to be the same issue when working on another
project.  I'm working on an OpenCL program that is being built under
Cygwin in Windows. Make 3.81 crashes every time that I try to use it
to build my program:

/bin/sh: line 1:   232 Aborted                (core dumped)
/usr/bin/make --no-print-directory target=$t
make: *** [.DEFAULT] Error 134

I downloaded the source for Make 3.82 from gnu.org, installed it to
/usr/local/bin, and the crash goes away as Matthias also reported for
OO.o.  Is there any reason to not bump cygwin up to the latest
upstream release?

Thanks,
Aaron Watry

[1] http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2011-02/msg00398.html

System:
Windows 7 64-bit
AMD Phenom II x6 1055T
Radeon 6850
Freshly updated Cygwin with make 3.81-2

Project:
http://github.com/awatry/libvpx.opencl

Reproduction:
I'm assuming you've got Windows on C:\, and "Program Files" is also on
C:\. If not, change step 2, and also change the line with cygdrive in
build/make/configure.sh.

1) You'll need to have AMD's APP SDK installed (OpenCL library for
Radeons and x86 CPUs). I haven't tested with Nvidia/others.
2) export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/cygdrive/c/Windows/System32; export
C_INCLUDE_PATH=/cygdrive/c/Program\ Files\ \(x86\)/AMD\ APP/include
3) Clone the project listed above using git
4) cd libvpx.opencl && ./configure --enable-opencl
5) make
6) *crash*