Hi, I encounter the same issue too. gdb starts however there is no gdb prompt, nothing is echoed and nothing is printed on the bash window except an empty blank line. From now you operate blindfolded. Debugging a simple application that prints "Hello World" on file demonstrates that gdb loads the application and is responsive to commands; "run" will run the program to its completion, and "quit" will return to the bash prompt. I tried "strace -o /tmp/gdb.strace /usr/bin/gdb --version" and indeed there are lines with 37 error messages in it. Since the trace file is large (2MB) I have extracted the lines containing the error messages and attached them to this email. I can attach the full gdb.strace if that is needed. I have no insight into what these errors are and how to remedy or workaround them, any help would be appreciated. Best Regards, Tord