Hi there, This is about a small issue I ran into with using virtualenv-20.2.2-1 (package name python38-virtualenv) with Python 3.8.10 (package python38) in Cygwin (64-bit). After having installed python38-virtualenv (and its automatically picked dependencies), using virtualenv by: $ python -m virtualenv presented me the output attached as file [a02.txt]. "filelock" is a Python package, part of the cygwin package database. Having installed it, the same command as above yielded [a03.txt] (attached); there was no more output. Having treated the package "distlib" mentioned there the same way as "filelock", creating a virtual environment now succeeds. I did some googling: site:sourceware.org/pipermail/cygwin virtualenv filelock virtualenv filelock cygwin without substantial results; thus posting here. Judging from [a02.txt], "filelock" is a *direct* dependency of "virtualenv". I do not know if the same holds for "distlib". Since I feel that this is a pretty obvious result I am skipping the "cygcheck -svr" output here. Best, Friedrich