From: Russell VT <russellvt@gmail.com>
To: Scott Wood <treii28@gmail.com>
Cc: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: Trouble trying to compile apache2
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2022 23:17:59 -0800	[thread overview]

On Mon, Feb 14, 2022 at 2:26 PM Scott Wood <treii28@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to compile a current version of apache2 httpd under the cygwin64
> environment. There is an older version of apache2 compiled in cygwin but
> it's orphaned and didn't include some of the ssl libs I needed.

Well, I wouldn't call it "orphaned" ... it's just a few dot revisions
behind. Both 2.4.29 and 2.4.25 seem to be in the package list, and current
is 2.4.52 (2021/12/20)

In order to get TLS 1.3 / OpenSSL 1.1.1, you'll want 2.4.43+ (which I
assume is effectively what you're saying, here).

Strangely enough, OpenSSL 1.1.1m is already in the Cygwin setup.

I think the "easiest" is just to ask the package maintainer to update the
Cygwin repo. If you want to compile it yourself, you may want to check the
package repository to see what options they used, previously, to get a
successful build.

When I try to compile it's failing when trying to compile the
> mod_cache_disk module:

That said, the nightly builds of mod_cache_socache (under mod_cache) for
Apache also seem to have had issues, perhaps since Apache 2.4.34 (that may
have just been "Arch" though ... I didn't dig too hard).

You might need to verify you're getting the right module and/or the module
code, especially if you're downloading this as an outside module. Your
compilation dump seems to be complaining it can't find the symbols... which
means you may need mod_cache, just to start.

Ref: https://nightlies.apache.org/httpd/trunk/doxygen/group__MOD__CACHE.html

Hope that helps in some fashion...

Russell VT

Oh damn... I didn't see this prior to my reply, above (because of the long
stack trace posted, here).

Digging up the old version in the cygwin ports, I found the patch files,

Russell M. Van Tassell <russellvt@gmail.com>