Ok, excellent, thank you, good to know. On Fri, Sep 8, 2023 at 7:44 AM Corinna Vinschen wrote: > On Sep 8 07:36, Matthew "mirage335" Hines via Cygwin wrote: > > Ok, I guess that makes sense. > > > > My worry was some './configure' script determining that the build > > environment is somehow not 'sane'. At least for the limited set of > programs > > that I use under cygwin, I have set up my CI to now watch for changes in > > which binaries are present. Nothing obviously significant in that history > > so far. > > > > At this point, from comparing with my previous CI results, I am guessing > > this doesn't affect me, aside from adding an exception to my test case > for > > this specifically. Might be better to get closer to the usual Linux > > behavior I am familiar with, of a much higher, valid, ARG_MAX value. > > We just don't have a maximum except an out of resources situation. A > standard-conformant application must deal with any sysconf variable > denoting a limit to return -1, i. e., "no limit". > > Corinna >