I downloaded Cygwin 1.7.0-58 source from path: http://ftp.eq.uc.pt/software/pc/prog/cygwin/release-2/cygwin/ Also downloaded all the packages of cygwin version 1.7.0.58 ftp://www.fruitbat.org/pub/cygwin/circa-2/index.html" And followed instructions to compile from below document: https://cygwin.com/faq/faq.html#faq.programming.building-cygwin I have downloaded gcc-ada still getting error on this package while compiling ( it hangs on this while configuring "ada" module) Please help me further on this. Is there any other procedure for building an older release of cygwin.