* After pre-release setup, warning message from less
@ 2002-07-18  6:43 Tackett, Galen
From: Tackett, Galen @ 2002-07-18  6:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'cygwin@cygwin.com'

Since I ran the pre-release of setup, I've been getting the following
message from less every time I use it:

WARNING: terminal is not fully functional

setup only updated cygutils and the cygiconv-2 and cygintl-2 DLLs.

I am using an rxvt started by the batch file:

----
@echo off

C:
chdir C:\cygwin\bin
rxvt -sr -sl 2500 -fg lightblue -geometry 90x30 -bg midnightblue -sb -tn
rxvt-cygwin-native  -fn "Lucida ConsoleP-14" -e /usr/bin/bash --login -i
----

* RE: After pre-release setup, warning message from less
@ 2002-07-18 23:59 ` Gary R. Van Sickle
From: Gary R. Van Sickle @ 2002-07-18 23:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

> Since I ran the pre-release of setup, I've been getting the following
> message from less every time I use it:
>
> WARNING: terminal is not fully functional
>
> setup only updated cygutils and the cygiconv-2 and cygintl-2 DLLs.
>
> I am using an rxvt started by the batch file:
>
> ----
> @echo off
>
> C:
> chdir C:\cygwin\bin
> rxvt -sr -sl 2500 -fg lightblue -geometry 90x30 -bg midnightblue -sb -tn
> rxvt-cygwin-native  -fn "Lucida ConsoleP-14" -e /usr/bin/bash --login -i
> ----

Try "... -tn rxvt ..." instead.

--
Gary R. Van Sickle
Brewer.  Patriot.

* RE: After pre-release setup, warning message from less
@ 2002-07-19 10:45 Tackett, Galen
From: Tackett, Galen @ 2002-07-19 10:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Gary R. Van Sickle', cygwin

Gary R. Van Sickle wrote:

> Try "... -tn rxvt ..." instead.

This breaks the line drawing characters used by mc (Midnight Commander).

What functional differences are there between rxvt and rxvt-cygwin-remote
anyway?