* YA please test the latest snapshot
@ 2012-08-18 18:50 Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2012-08-18 18:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I've made some more signal-related fixes in the latest snapshot.

I was able to duplicate a ping (but who knows if it THE ping problem)
problem by running my script which kills a ping running in a while (1)
loop under tcsh.  I tweaked the test to use a system in Germany as the
target which seemed to make it somewhat easier to cause a hang.  That
uncovered at least one problem and eventually exposed another,
unrelated, longstanding problem which could have confused some programs
which receive signals in quick succession.  The second problem would
have existed in all versions of Cygwin since ~2004.

This snapshot should also fix the reported problem with SIGSTOP.  It
also has a fix for clipboard handling from Thomas Wolff.

Feedback requested.

http://cygwin.com/snapshots/

cgf

* Re: YA please test the latest snapshot
@ 2012-08-20 11:13 ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2012-08-20 11:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

The 20120817 snapshot is holding up good so far in my testing.  Fingers
crossed... :-)

Regards,
Achim.

* RE: YA please test the latest snapshot
@ 2012-08-20 13:47 ` Adam Dinwoodie
From: Adam Dinwoodie @ 2012-08-20 13:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Christopher Faylor wrote:
> I've made some more signal-related fixes in the latest snapshot.
>
> I was able to duplicate a ping (but who knows if it THE ping problem)
> problem by running my script which kills a ping running in a while (1)
> loop under tcsh.  I tweaked the test to use a system in Germany as the
> target which seemed to make it somewhat easier to cause a hang.  That
> uncovered at least one problem and eventually exposed another,
> unrelated, longstanding problem which could have confused some programs
> which receive signals in quick succession.  The second problem would
> have existed in all versions of Cygwin since ~2004.
>
> This snapshot should also fix the reported problem with SIGSTOP.  It
> also has a fix for clipboard handling from Thomas Wolff.
>
> Feedback requested.

I have not been able to reproduce the ping issue I previously reported.
Thank you!