On 30/12/2021 21:24, Greg Williamson wrote: > Hello, > > While attempting to verify the installer found here: > https://cygwin.com/install.html > > GPG verification for "setup-x86_64.exe" failed with "BAD signature from > "Cygwin ". I also created a SHA512 hash of the > installer > and it did not match the one posted here: > https://cygwin.com/sha512.sum > > As a sanity check I attempted to verify the 32bit version "setup-x86.exe". > The SHA512 matched and the GPG signature verification succeeded. > > I thought I'd report here in case there was a security issue. Thank you in > advance for your assistance! > > ~Greg > This is concerning. I recently re-installed Cygwin so I'm glad I marked my packages as test. I hope those weren't compromised installers, though hopefully my antivirus would have stopped anything nefarious. Hamish