Excellent, I shall give that a try. Thanks. Hamish On 25/02/2021 10:27, Takashi Yano via Cygwin wrote: > On Thu, 25 Feb 2021 09:51:48 +0000 > "Henry S. Thompson wrote: >> Hamish McIntyre-Bhatty via Cygwin writes: >> >>> I'm now thinking it may have been a Python script that was behaving this >>> way - I might go and double check in case this isn't what I think it is. >> I have noticed recently (on a Linux box) that Python3.8 logging exhibits >> the problem you report, that is, no output until end of job. > stdbuf does not take effect for python, however, you can use > -u option or setting environment PYTHONUNBUFFERED=1. >