* Re: heic to jpg conversion
@ 2022-10-02 10:56 Fergus Daly
From: Fergus Daly @ 2022-10-02 10:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'cygwin@cygwin.com'; +Cc: Fergus Daly

>> $ magick test.heic test.jpg
>> $ mogrify -format jpg test.heic
>> Any ideas?

EITHER (a) your syntax might be faulty? Try:
$ convert test.heic test.jpg
OR (b) you need to install the two packages libheif-tool and libheif-devel into your Cygwin platform;
and then try the same thing:
$ convert test.heic test.jpg

* Re: heic to jpg conversion
@ 2022-10-01 16:07 ` Andrey Repin
From: Andrey Repin @ 2022-10-01 16:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ambrose huang, cygwin

Greetings, ambrose huang!

See if this link helps: https://github.com/ImageMagick/ImageMagick/issues/1140

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...

* Re: heic to jpg conversion
@ 2022-10-01 13:57 ambrose huang
From: ambrose huang @ 2022-10-01 13:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hello,

I have Cygwin with imagemagick 7.0.10-27 and I installed libheif just in case.

But when I try to convert from heic to jpg I get the following error:

$ magick test.heic test.jpg
magick: no decode delegate for this image format `HEIC' @ error/constitute.c/ReadImage/562.

$ mogrify -format jpg test.heic
mogrify: no decode delegate for this image format `HEIC' @ error/constitute.c/ReadImage/562.

Any ideas?

Thanks, ambrose

* Re: heic to jpg conversion
@ 2020-08-16  7:10 Fergus Daly
From: Fergus Daly @ 2020-08-16  7:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'cygwin@cygwin.com'
  Cc: Fergus Daly, 'Marco Atzeri (marco.atzeri@gmail.com)'

> The just uploaded ImageMagick 7 is able to convert
> from heic to both jpg and png (and more I assume ..)
> I also added libheif and libde265 needed for the job.

All working well. THANK YOU!

* Re: heic to jpg conversion
@ 2020-08-14 19:12   ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2020-08-14 19:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

@ 2020-08-13 18:58 ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2020-08-13 18:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

@ 2020-08-13 15:15   ` Brian Inglis
From: Brian Inglis @ 2020-08-13 15:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 2020-08-13 04:13, Fergus Daly via Cygwin wrote:
>>> Does Cygwin include the capability to convert heic to jpg (or png or anything else Windows-readable)?
>>> I tried "convert" (previously all-powerful) but that does not work (in any obvious way, anyway).
>>> Thank you!
>
>> Works for me. What does `type convert` say?
>
> I have this:
>
> ~/tmp> type convert
> convert is /usr/bin/convert
> ~/tmp> ls -x
> L1a.heic  L2a.heic
> ~/tmp> file *
> L1a.heic: ISO Media
> L2a.heic: ISO Media
> ~/tmp> convert L1a.heic L1a.jpg
> convert: no decode delegate for this image format `HEIC' @ error/constitute.c/ReadImage/560.
> convert: no images defined `L1a.jpg' @ error/convert.c/ConvertImageCommand/3258.
>
> (BTW, in the above dialogue, should ISO Media read IOS Media?)

Apparently not although it came from MPEG developments of Apple Quicktime format
which gave rise to a slew of ISO standards:

	https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Efficiency_Image_File_Format

is part of ISO/IEC 23008-12 MPEG-H Standard, which also includes HEVC High
Efficiency Video Coding ITU-T H.265/.1/.2, some ITU-T H series supplements, and
MMT MPEG Media Transport;
it appears to be a specialization of ISO/IEC 14496-12:2004-2015 MPEG-4 Part 12
base media file format aka ISO/IEC 15444-12:2004-2015 JPEG 2000 Part 12 which
was dropped in 2017 in favour of the former, which is available in

http://standards.iso.org/ittf/PubliclyAvailableStandards/c068960_ISO_IEC_14496-12_2015.zip.

So HEIF would be a better file format label, whereas ISO media includes the
above (which not many people would think of), but could also imply ISO 9660:1988
for optical disks and archive images thereof (which most people would think of),
possibly including any or all of IEEE Rock Ridge (POSIX compatible extensions),
MS Joliet "Unicode" name extensions, El Torito bootable CD extensions, and/or
Apple ISO 9660 MacOS file extensions;
that also applies to the later replacement OSTA Optical Storage Technology
Association ISO/IEC 13346:1995-1999/ECMA-167:1997 UDF Universal Disk Format.

[Data in IEC units and prefixes, physical quantities in SI.]

* Re: heic to jpg conversion
@ 2020-08-13 11:56     ` Thomas Wolff
From: Thomas Wolff @ 2020-08-13 11:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Am 13.08.2020 um 12:13 schrieb Marco Atzeri via Cygwin:
> On 13.08.2020 10:18, Thomas Wolff wrote:
>> Am 13.08.2020 um 09:54 schrieb Fergus Daly via Cygwin:
>>> Does Cygwin include the capability to convert heic to jpg (or png or
>>> anything else Windows-readable)?
>>> I tried "convert" (previously all-powerful) but that does not work
>>> (in any obvious way, anyway).
>> Works for me. What does `type convert` say?
>> --
>
> Thomas,
> are you sure ?
Well, no, I just ran a simple test case which seems to have misled me.
`convert x.jpg x.heic` did produce an image file with suffix .heic,
without any complaint. However, `file x.heic` would identify it as JPEG
format. Weird.

> looking at the documentation
> https://imagemagick.org/script/formats.php
>
> we need libheif to support that format and
> we have not yet it.
>
> As expected
>   identify -list format | grep -i heic
>
> output is empty.
>
> I will look on it.
>
> Regards
> Marco
>

> --
> Problem reports:      https://cygwin.com/problems.html
> FAQ:                  https://cygwin.com/faq/
> Documentation:        https://cygwin.com/docs.html

* Re: heic to jpg conversion
@ 2020-08-13 10:13   ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2020-08-13 10:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 13.08.2020 10:18, Thomas Wolff wrote:
> Am 13.08.2020 um 09:54 schrieb Fergus Daly via Cygwin:
>> Does Cygwin include the capability to convert heic to jpg (or png or
>> anything else Windows-readable)?
>> I tried "convert" (previously all-powerful) but that does not work (in
>> any obvious way, anyway).
> Works for me. What does `type convert` say?
> --

Thomas,
are you sure ?

@ 2020-08-13 10:13 ` Fergus Daly
From: Fergus Daly @ 2020-08-13 10:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'cygwin@cygwin.com'; +Cc: Fergus Daly

@ 2020-08-13  8:18 ` Thomas Wolff
From: Thomas Wolff @ 2020-08-13  8:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Am 13.08.2020 um 09:54 schrieb Fergus Daly via Cygwin:
> Does Cygwin include the capability to convert heic to jpg (or png or anything else Windows-readable)?
> I tried "convert" (previously all-powerful) but that does not work (in any obvious way, anyway).
Works for me. What does `type convert` say?

* heic to jpg conversion
@ 2020-08-13  7:54 Fergus Daly
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Fergus Daly @ 2020-08-13  7:54 UTC (permalink / raw)