Hi all, I managed to improve my Cygwin VM's performance significantly using a variety of methods. If anyone else is experiencing troubles, seeing what I changed at https://www.hamishmb.com/blog/improving-cygwins-performance-fork/ might also help you. Not using VirtualBox was the main improvement for me (now using KVM/QEMU). Note that I didn't achieve much difference, but that was because my system is relatively powerful. What isn't shown is that these changes do seem to help with the fork speed drop-off that occurs over time. Hamish