On 14/11/2020 07:50, Marco Atzeri via Cygwin wrote: > On 14.11.2020 08:22, L A Walsh wrote: >> On 2020/11/12 02:42, Marco Atzeri via Cygwin copied the whole note: >>> On 12.11.2020 09:42, Antonio Sidoti via Cygwin wrote: >>> I was looking into using Cygwin for commercial use... >>   [27 lines of duplicate text] >>> >>> in general there is no restriction on usage. >>> Marco >> If you are going to bottom post, please trim your quotes. >> If you need to quote the original for context, only quote >> what is needed for context. In a threaded >> reader, your reply is placed under the original poster's >> email, where, if a reader is interested, it was just read. >> Duplicating the entire note isn't necessary nor, I'd bet, >> really wanted, by most. >> > > Hi Linda, > usually I agree, but he put down a specific list of DLL's > and I replied with a specific list of License. > > 27 lines are not a lot, in my experience. > There were much worst example than my mail to complain > about on this mailing list. > > Cheers > Marco Do the points made here also apply to commercial but open-source use of Cygwin? For extra context, I have an application with bundles parts of Cygwin and libraries built against Cygwin. None of the source or binaries is modified. I know I at least have to state which packages are included in the bundle and provide links to the source for those, but I am not sure if it is required that I eg provide a downloadable compressed folder with complete source for everything. Can anyone give me some advice? The work everyone does for Cygwin is valuable and I certainly don't intend to claim any of it is mine. Hamish