On 24/02/2021 20:48, ASSI wrote: > Hamish McIntyre-Bhatty via Cygwin writes: >> I found recently when trying to save output from a script for later >> inspection that "tee" and file redirections seem to have massive >> delays when run in Cygwin - usually nothing is written to file or >> stdout until after the command has finished - not very helpful. > You will want to switch from fully buffered to line-buffered or even > unbuffered output. > > > Regards, > Achim. Thanks for the prompt response. How do I do that? Also, considering that I've never had this issue on anything except Cygwin (various Linux distros over the years, and macOS, with a variety of different shells), is there a reason line or no buffering isn't the default? Hamish