On 21/01/2021 19:06, Marco Atzeri via Cygwin wrote: > On 21.01.2021 18:06, Hamish McIntyre-Bhatty via Cygwin wrote: > >>> >>> install one and it will remove the other, also as they have >>> the same content in this case >> >> That makes sense, but that's not what happened here - it prompted to >> remove "pylint" itself and install "python38-plint" but only after >> running setup again after installing the new test "pylint" package. >> Maybe I'm being a bit stupid but this seems like weird behaviour in >> setup.exe - I would have expected it to do this when I asked to upgrade >> "pylint" in the first place, or to automatically install >> "python38-pylint" when I selected "pylint". >> >> Hamish >> > > probably a consequence of being still test classified packages > > Marco Yeah, you're probably right. Never mind for now, if it comes up again then I'll let you know. Hamish