* RXVT Font Question
@ 2002-01-09 12:07 Parker, Ron
From: Parker, Ron @ 2002-01-09 12:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

The Windows 2000 console can use two different fonts. The one is "Lucida
Console". The other is "Terminal". Is it possible to use "Terminal" in say
the 8x12 size with rxvt?  I think it does the right thing with box
characters and while it is not as smooth has a heavier weight and is easier
on my eyes with certain color combinations.

--
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and the beholder is blind."

* RE: RXVT Font Question
@ 2002-01-10  3:32 ` Alex Malinovich
From: Alex Malinovich @ 2002-01-10  3:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Parker, Ron', cygwin

I've been using Lucida Console since that's the closest that I could get
to terminal, but I really would like to get the actual terminal font
working. Does anyone have any suggestions? I've already checked the mail
archives, the FAQ, and done a Google search, all to no avail.

-Alex

@ 2002-01-10  9:52 fergus at bonhard dot uklinux dot net
From: fergus at bonhard dot uklinux dot net @ 2002-01-10  9:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin; +Cc: fergus

Try

    c:\Cygwin\bin\rxvt.exe -fn "Fixedsys" -tn cygwin -e /bin/bash --login -i

which gives a nice squarecut font and is (I think) the default for Windows
telnet and loads of other MS stuff.

Fergus