* Re: MAN PAGES
@ 1997-06-29 22:29 KMorris692
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: KMorris692 @ 1997-06-29 22:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

In a message dated 97-06-29 17:50:19 EDT, dsyed1@umbc.edu (Daniyal Syed)
writes:

> I am a little new at all the gnu ports for NT, I was wondering if there is
>  such a thing as man.exe as when I installed the GNU tools etc i noticed it
>  created man directories...

I wondered this, too. I just loaded b18 for 95/NT. I also noticed a lack of
more(1), less(1), or anything like it. Any recommendations?
-

* Man pages
@ 2001-05-24  2:48 A.R. Thornton
From: A.R. Thornton @ 2001-05-24  2:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi!
   I've just done: man echo on my cygwin setup, to find that for some
reason it's started dropping the \ from the manpages, so instead of giving
me a nicely layed out man page it's actually performing the actions. I've
tried it for a few other pages, and it's doing the same thing. Anybody got
an idea as to whats up?

andy

--
art27@cam.ac.uk - Assistant Technical Director - Queens' Bats

* Re: man pages
@ 2000-03-20  6:21 Earnie Boyd
From: Earnie Boyd @ 2000-03-20  6:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Hirmke, cygwin

--- Michael Hirmke <mh@mike.franken.de> wrote:
-8<-

> Uhm, no, you have to have ncurses, if you use less, which has been built
> to use ncurses for screen control.
> My prebuilt less packages all depend on ncurses, the Cygwin 1.x less
> AFAIK does something different, though.

The official versions of less have coding for Win32 which uses the Win32
Console.  This is what is distributed with Cygwin 1.0.  There is no need to
have ncurses installed.

=====
---
   Earnie Boyd: < mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com >
            __Cygwin: POSIX on Windows__
Cygwin Newbies: < http://www.freeyellow.com/members5/gw32/index.html >
           __Minimalist GNU for Windows__
  Mingw32 List: < http://www.egroups.com/group/mingw32/ >
    Mingw Home: < http://www.mingw.org/ >

* man pages
@ 2000-03-10 12:21 Stefan Lindqvist
       [not found] ` <004501bf8ad2$e71c2590$520f4dd1@TIMYX18EWDT6RQ>
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Stefan Lindqvist @ 2000-03-10 12:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I'm trying to get the man pages working under bash on NT 4 SP6. I
downloaded the binaries for man and groff and I believe I managed to get
the files into the correct directories. The problem is, when running the
man command, I receive the following:

$ man man
Error executing formatting or display command.
System command (cd /usr/local/man ; (echo -e ".pl 1100i"; cat
/usr/local/man/man
1/man.1; echo ".pl \n(nlu+10") | c:/usr/local/bin/tbl |
c:/usr/local/bin/groff -
Tlatin1 -mandoc | c:/cygnus/cygwin-b20/H-i586-cygwin32/bin/less -is)
exited with
 status 32512.
No manual entry for man

However, if I "manually" run the above command "(cd /usr/local/man ;
(echo -e "..."  ...,etc the man page is printed out just fine. So, why
doesn't it work from the man command?

Any hints highly appreciated. Thanks,

Stefan L

* man pages
@ 1999-11-18  7:25 Carson Wilcox
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Carson Wilcox @ 1999-11-18  7:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

hi,

Can anyone tell me where i can find a set of man pages
for c functions that I can usr with cygwin. I've
downloaded full-man but these arn't included

thanks,
Carson
crwfl@yahoo.com

* man pages
@ 1999-11-15 17:43 Joel Guerrero
From: Joel Guerrero @ 1999-11-15 17:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

how i can read man pages or info pages?
Thanks,
Joel GUERRERO

* man pages
@ 1999-10-31 10:05 Carson Wilcox
From: Carson Wilcox @ 1999-10-31 10:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi,

I've seen references that man and the man pages are
available on the cygwin site but I have been unable to
find them, can anyone give me a shove in the right
direction.

Thanks,
Carson

* man pages
@ 1997-07-16  9:26 Reuben Collver
From: Reuben Collver @ 1997-07-16  9:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

I've put together a brief list of utilities for man pages and the like.

http://mothership.dnc.net/~collver/man.htm

Ben.

-

* MAN PAGES
@ 1997-06-29  9:08 Daniyal Syed
From: Daniyal Syed @ 1997-06-29  9:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

Hello every one,

I am a little new at all the gnu ports for NT, I was wondering if there is
such a thing as man.exe as when I installed the GNU tools etc i noticed it
created man directories...
is there a way you can use those help files from the command
prompt.........like in unix

thanks

dsyed1@umbc.edu
Daniyal Syed

-

* RE: Man pages
@ 1997-05-13  4:48 Sergey Okhapkin
From: Sergey Okhapkin @ 1997-05-13  4:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32, 'kdw3@po.cwru.edu'

Kevin White wrote:
> Is there a port of "man" for NT 4.0?  I adore bash but I really would
> like to be able to use and even build man pages for my NT box.

Man (I've tried man-1.4d), groff-1.10 and less-321 (requred by man) compiles with cygnus tools without problems. Just try :-)

--
Sergey Okhapkin
Moscow, Russia

-

* Re: Man pages
@ 1997-05-13  4:04 Mikey
From: Mikey @ 1997-05-13  4:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kdw3; +Cc: cygnus

Make sure groff, and less are installed, and do

export CC="gcc -DNOGETOPT -DNONLS -DLC_MESSAGES=6";sh configure -d

make

make install

in the man-1.4h root dir.

 ----
From: Kevin White <kdw3@po.cwru.edu>
To: gnu-win32@cygnus.com
Date: Monday, May 12, 1997 11:09 PM
Subject: Man pages

>Is there a port of "man" for NT 4.0?  I adore bash but I really would
>like to be able to use and even build man pages for my NT box.
>--

* Man pages
@ 1997-05-12 13:51 Kevin White
From: Kevin White @ 1997-05-12 13:51 UTC (permalink / raw)