* Re: another cygwin using program...
@ 2002-07-11  0:21 Karl M
From: Karl M @ 2002-07-11  0:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

But Chris...a canned response is bureaucratic...which could be considered
offensive...to anyone other than the government agency that is responsible
for the true Cygwin purp

[click]

@ 2002-07-10 21:42     ` Charles Wilson
From: Charles Wilson @ 2002-07-10 21:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Christopher Faylor wrote:

>>Kewl!  A place where I can download b20!  Now I can finally dump this
>>crappy 1.3.x version this mean cgf person insists on letting us use!
>>

> B20 rulez!

You know, *everything* worked on B20.  It all went to hell when 1.0/1.1
was released.  I had User Mode Linux running under B20!

--Chuck

* Re: another cygwin using program...
@ 2002-07-10 21:18   ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2002-07-10 21:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

@ 2002-07-10 20:51   ` Gareth Pearce
From: Gareth Pearce @ 2002-07-10 20:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

> On Wed, Jul 10, 2002 at 06:36:52AM +0000, Gareth Pearce wrote:
> >but 'seriously' i just dont care enough to send one onwards to the
> >person.  But, I think it is just wrong, to not let the people who Might
> >care, know.
>
> I hope my attempt at humor didn't diminish my message.  I really do
> appreciate knowing about these things and I *really* don't expect you,
> or anyone, to be a GPL policeman for the project.

I did indeed understand clearly enough, and would of used a witty method of
trying to ensure that my position was clear as well, but i was feeling
rather humor impaired at the time and just had to settle for plain dialog.

Gareth.

* Re: another cygwin using program...
@ 2002-07-10 14:19 ` Charles Wilson
From: Charles Wilson @ 2002-07-10 14:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I DON'T KNOW.  PERHAPS YOU COULD TRY THIS OTHER METHOD OF UNSUBSCRIBING.

OR PERHAPS YOU JUST LIKE YELLING.  LET'S ALL YELL.  IT'S FUN!!!

--CHUCK

@ 2002-07-10 13:52 morad m
From: morad m @ 2002-07-10 13:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin, cygwin

@ 2002-07-10 13:49 ` Michael Schaap
From: Michael Schaap @ 2002-07-10 13:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

@ 2002-07-10  9:50 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2002-07-10  9:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

@ 2002-07-10  9:23 ` Nicholas Wourms
From: Nicholas Wourms @ 2002-07-10  9:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gareth Pearce, cygwin

--- Gareth Pearce <tilps@hotmail.com> wrote:

> hi ...
>
> before i get flammed like last time - i dont really care about this, its
>
> just a heads up incase someone else does.
>
> http://freeware.teledanmark.no/identd/
> uses cygwin1.dll - and might not be providing source ... I cant find
> it...
> unless its in cygwin-b20-full.exe.  Which i cant check since i am not
> near a
> windows box.
> Certainly doesnt make it clear where the source is.
>
> Anyway ... just a 'if anyone cares' I ran into it trying to find an
> identd
> solution for players at the mud I help run. (stupid aol ips change so
> much
> that theres no way to tell any of the aol players apart, good from the
> bad)
>
> hmmm, there isnt an identd for cygwin by any chance ... i dont see
> anything
> in a package search, if not maybe i can look into the portability of
> one...
>
> Gareth

Don't ya need bind for identd?  If so, you'll probably want to work on
porting the latest bind before you work on identd.

Cheers,
Nicholas

* Re: another cygwin using program...
@ 2002-07-10  1:58 Gareth Pearce
From: Gareth Pearce @ 2002-07-10  1:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

> >>Sorry.  That wasn't clear.

> >>Yep.  And they point to Cygwin, but thier alternate site for Cygwin has
>the
> >>old B20 version.  Will thier code build against the current version of
>the
> >>DLL?  If not, they aren't in compliance with the GPL.
> >>

> >previous mailing list discussions on this topic state that if they
> >distribute the cygwin1.dll, they have to distribute the source code for
>that
> >
> >particular version.
>
>You are correct, sir.
>
> >So either way its a violation. (ie linking isnt good enough, according to
> >previous discussions) - I am still in digital unix at uni so i have no
>idea
> >if it compiles with current cygwin, anyway.
> >
> >But, it was a headsup, not a 'i am deeply concerned about this' or I
>would
> >of emailed the person responsible for the web site in the first place.
>If i
> >was one of the cygwin developers, maybe i would feel differently, but as
> >user headsup is enough from me.
>
>Yep.  I wouldn't want to subject a user to the pain of sending this kind of
>email.  Seriously.  It's never fun.
>
>I'll probably send something off as soon as I can ensure that my spirit is
>pure and my will is strong.
>
>Thanks for the heads up.  It is appreciated.  Keem em coming.
>
>cgf

<sarcasm off>
lol

always a great wit there - the bridge one earlier had the office and the mud
laughing :)

but 'seriously' i just dont care enough to send one onwards to the person.
But, I think it is just wrong, to not let the people who Might care, know.

Wierd point of view, yes
but thats me.

<sarcasm back on>

Gareth - seriously going to start work on a new release of nano any day now

* Re: another cygwin using program...
@ 2002-07-09 23:29 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2002-07-09 23:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin