* Question?
@ 2001-08-31 17:00 Chris Morton
From: Chris Morton @ 2001-08-31 17:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I have resently install cygwin and love it.  Although I am having troubles
installing a library because it needs to run as a user.  I have tried add
the user to my box yet still no go.  I am trying install the library libcap.
  Any suggestions  ?

* Re: Question !
@ 2005-03-09  2:16 ` Brian Dessent
From: Brian Dessent @ 2005-03-09  2:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hari_Das@cargill.com wrote:

> Is cygwin runs on Windows 2003. We are having problem in running cron.
> Thoughts ????????

The very second paragraph on the front page of cygwin.com says "The
Cygwin DLL works with all non-beta, non "release candidate", ix86 32 bit
versions of Windows since Windows 95, with the exception of Windows
CE.".  So yes Cygwin and cron are fully supported with 2k3.

You should read /usr/share/doc/cygwin/cron.README and use the
/usr/bin/cron-config script to install the service.

If you cannot get it working then you should post a problem report as
instructed at <http://cygwin.com/problems.html>, which at the minimum
would include the exact steps you used to install the cron service, how
you tested it (cronjob used, expected result, error messages from the
event log and log files, etc), cygcheck output, and so on.

A message saying simply "cron does not work" will likely get no

Brian

* Question !
@ 2005-03-09  0:40 Hari_Das
From: Hari_Das @ 2005-03-09  0:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Is cygwin runs on Windows 2003. We are having problem in running cron.
Thoughts ????????

Hironmoy Das
952-742-7148

* Re: Question?
@ 2001-09-10 18:40 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2001-09-10 18:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Morton; +Cc: cygwin

On Mon, Sep 10, 2001 at 08:37:33PM -0500, Chris Morton wrote:
>I am using cygwin with windows 2000 and i having serval problems, the first
>consists of now that i have install i want to add user like root and bin but
>
>when i add then in windows it does not add then in cygwin.  The second is
>the login program does not seem to work with the user I alread have.

Check out this link: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html .

cgf

* Question?
@ 2001-09-10 18:37 Chris Morton
From: Chris Morton @ 2001-09-10 18:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

       [not found] <F540lbhsKd6QR7j1HaK00008762@hotmail.com>
@ 2001-09-10  8:11 ` Jason Tishler
From: Jason Tishler @ 2001-09-10  8:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Morton; +Cc: Cygwin

Chris,

On Sun, Sep 09, 2001 at 03:00:44PM -0500, Chris Morton wrote:
>   I am just trying to install windowmaker and it needs users like bin...to
> run.  I though i could use "createuser" but that seems to before the
> database sql.  ????

Huh?  Sorry, but I don't really grok the above.  It is usually recommended
to make your questions easy to understand when soliciting help.

Anyway, my WAG is to use NT's User Manager to create a user (group) called
"bin" and then use Cygwin's mkpasswd (mkgroup) to sync the /etc/passwd
(/etc/group) file.  PostgreSQL's createuser command creates database
users, so I don't see the connection here.

BTW, please keep your replies on-list.

Thanks,
Jason

* Re: Question?
@ 2001-09-03 12:01 ` Jason Tishler
From: Jason Tishler @ 2001-09-03 12:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Morton; +Cc: cygwin

Chris,

On Sun, Sep 02, 2001 at 01:01:04AM -0500, Chris Morton wrote:
> I have currently installed cygwin on my computer(Windows2000 professional).
> I really like it.  When i installed it created a home directory for users
> that i already had added aka "Chris and Administrator" but now that i have
> added users on It has not, and when I try to "createuser newuser" i recieve
> psql: connectDBStart() -- connect() failed: No such file or directory
>         Is the postmaster running locally
>         and accepting connections on Unix socket '/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432'?

Well...is postmaster *really* running?

> createuser: creation of user "chris" failed.

Maybe, PostgreSQL cannot deal with spaces in an account name?

appropriate forum for these types of questions.

Jason

* Question?
@ 2001-09-01 23:01 Chris Morton
From: Chris Morton @ 2001-09-01 23:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I have currently installed cygwin on my computer(Windows2000 professional).
I really like it.  When i installed it created a home directory for users
that i already had added aka "Chris and Administrator" but now that i have
added users on It has not, and when I try to "createuser newuser" i recieve
psql: connectDBStart() -- connect() failed: No such file or directory
        Is the postmaster running locally
        and accepting connections on Unix socket '/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432'?
createuser: creation of user "chris" failed.
Just wondering if you can help me out.

* Re: Question:
@ 2001-04-23 21:12 ` DJ Delorie
From: DJ Delorie @ 2001-04-23 21:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tazium; +Cc: cygwin

> 'set -o vi'

http://www.delorie.com/gnu/docs/bash/bashref_56.html

* Question:
@ 2001-04-23 20:57 Travis Smith
From: Travis Smith @ 2001-04-23 20:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

what exactly does

'set -o vi'

do.

I've been using it for years, but I don't understand it.

~Travis Smith
IT Professional
tazium@yahoo.com

* question!
@ 2000-03-08  3:03 Michelle Owen
From: Michelle Owen @ 2000-03-08  3:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Dear,

  Would you kind to answer my few questions in details? Here they are:

  1. Virtual memory managment increases the amount of memory the
operating system
     can use by allocating a set amount of disk space to be used to
store item
     during processing. With the aid of windows 95/98, can you give me
the steps to check
     for the virtual memory of a computer system?

  2. Every programming languange has its own unique characteristic,
thus selecting a language
     for a programming task can be a difficult decision. Can you give
me the list and describe
     four factors to select a programming language?

  3. Computer security risk is any event or action that could cause a
loss to computer equipment,
     software information or processing capability. Please describe
briefly to me the following
     security risks:
     a). Computer viruses
     b). Unauthorized access and use
     c). Hardware theft
     d). Software theft
     e). System failure

  4. a). How do viruses spread? When does a virus spread? Why are
viruses not detected immediately?
     b). Would you name and describes 6 types of computer viruses? and
please describe how this viruses
         spread in the computer system?

  Thanks for your help...:)