* Re: Problem with no Scroll
@ 2002-07-09  9:00 John Vincent
From: John Vincent @ 2002-07-09  9:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dachha; +Cc: cygwin

Hi,

I'd also recommend using rxvt.

I have a shortcut (I'm using W2K) with a target as follows:

C:\cygwin\bin\rxvt.exe -sl 2000 -e c:/cygwin/bin/bash.exe --login -i

(my cygwin installation is in c:\cygwin)

When I click on the shortcut, it starts rxvt, runs bash
inside rxvt, and passes bash some flags so that it does
the login stuff. It also sets the window to have 2000
lines of scroll history.

Also if you find that the backspace doesn't do as you'd
expect when using telnet or ftp, make this the first
command you execute in the rxvt window: "stty erase ^?"
(you don't need this in bash as it does it's own keyboard
handling)

I hope these suggestions are helpful.

/John Vincent.

* Re: Problem with no Scroll
       [not found]   ` <003501c22767$78ee67c0$0100a8c0@captain>
@ 2002-07-10  4:51     ` David Starks-Browning
From: David Starks-Browning @ 2002-07-10  4:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dantin; +Cc: cygwin

Keep it on the list please.

On Tuesday 9 Jul 02, Dantin writes:
>       How do I use rxvt in conjuction with the cygwin do I need a switch for
> the batch file? If so what would that switch be? Or do I need to modify the
> batch file itself?

If you search the email archives you should find numerous examples of
how people invoke rxvt.  I use a shortcut as follows:

	C:\cygwin\bin\rxvt.exe -e bash --login

Read the rxvt(1) man page for details, such as command line options.

I realise this ought to be in the FAQ.

Regards,
David
(Cygwin FAQ maintainer)

* Problem with no Scroll
@ 2002-07-09  6:27 ` David Starks-Browning
       [not found]   ` <003501c22767$78ee67c0$0100a8c0@captain>
From: David Starks-Browning @ 2002-07-09  6:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Saturday 6 Jul 02, Dantin writes:
>      I have all the latest files for cygwin and when I get it installed and
> run the thing I get no scrolling at all. Was this a change to latter
> versions? If so why? Scrolling came in handy when grepping data out of your
> sorce. Or did I install it wrong? Or do I need another package? Thanks for
> your help before hand.

Use rxvt.

* Problem with no Scroll
@ 2002-07-06 10:04 Dantin