* Re: Openssh 2.3.0p1 weird exec problem, cont.
@ 2000-12-30 15:11 R v D
From: R v D @ 2000-12-30 15:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

uNSUSRCIBE

* Re: Openssh 2.3.0p1 weird exec problem, cont.
@ 2001-01-05 10:49 Ed Eden
From: Ed Eden @ 2001-01-05 10:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

* Re: Openssh 2.3.0p1 weird exec problem, cont.
@ 2001-01-05  6:30 Ed Eden
From: Ed Eden @ 2001-01-05  6:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

* Re: Openssh 2.3.0p1 weird exec problem, cont.
@ 2001-01-02  8:27       ` bailey9
From: bailey9 @ 2001-01-02  8:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Sat, Dec 30, 2000 at 08:00:44PM +0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 29, 2000 at 05:21:07PM -0500, bailey9@akamai.com wrote:
> > That seems to solve the problem for me. Thanks!
>
> You _did_ recompile OpenSSH with USE_PIPES and that solves
> actually the problem? I'm just asking to be really sure.
>
> Corinna

 Yup, compiling with USE_PIPES defined eliminates the problem of sometimes
not getting output from exec'd commands. I haven't tested interactive mode
extensively but at least superficially everything seems to work ok.

 .andy

@ 2000-12-30 11:00     ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2000-12-30 11:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

@ 2000-12-29 14:20   ` bailey9
From: bailey9 @ 2000-12-29 14:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Corinna Vinschen

@ 2000-12-29 13:30 ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2000-12-29 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

@ 2000-12-29 13:19 ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2000-12-29 13:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Fri, Dec 29, 2000 at 03:19:56PM -0500, bailey9@akamai.com wrote:
>  In an effort to debug the weird problem I was having when exec'ing commands
> remotely with OpenSSH 2.3.0p1, I've set up a test machine running Cygwin
> 1.1.7 and OpenSSH-20001221. I still have the problem where sshd only sends
> back the output of the command about 20% of the time. The problem only
> occurs when the command exits quickly, like say, uname -a. If I do something
> like "sleep 1; uname -a", I always get output. Debug logs actually show
> that the server returns 0 bytes when the problem is occuring. The machines
> are uniprocessor, p3 500s or better, running Win2k with SP1.
>
>  If possible Corinna, I'd like to give you access to the box- the machine
> is running Windows Terminal Server and VNC, and has all the cygwin stuff
> installed.

Sorry but that's way beyond what I can do as voluntary support.
You have the sources, strace and a debugger and you can send
debug output to the list. If it contains something helpful
which allows me to reproduce the effect (which isn't the case
here) I will surely have a look into that.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.

* RE: Openssh 2.3.0p1 weird exec problem, cont.
@ 2000-12-29 12:59 John Pollock
From: John Pollock @ 2000-12-29 12:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

i've been seeing this exact issue too and only recently learned to pipe
output through cat if i want to expect to see it reliably come back.  A
command repeated 30 times will return the correct output about 10 times,
and then a variety of other outputs the other 20 times.

@ 2000-12-29 12:18 bailey9