* 1.1.8 procedure entry point cygwin_fork_helper__FPvN30 missing
@ 2001-04-02 12:14 stuart
From: stuart @ 2001-04-02 12:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Following the UNIX build procedures for Berkeley DB version 3.2.9, with
Cygwin 1.1.8 (updated today), on WinNT 4.0 sp6, the compiler cc.exe
could not find the procedure entry point cygwin_fork_helper__FPvN30 in
the dynamic link library cygwin.dll.  The build fails on the
../dist/configure command.

It would not surprise me if the build failed for other reasons.  The
Entry Point Not Found error was unexpected.

* Re: 1.1.8 procedure entry point cygwin_fork_helper__FPvN30 missing
@ 2001-04-02 12:37 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2001-04-02 12:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin; +Cc: jester

On Mon, Apr 02, 2001 at 03:14:30PM -0400, stuart wrote:
>Following the UNIX build procedures for Berkeley DB version 3.2.9, with
>Cygwin 1.1.8 (updated today), on WinNT 4.0 sp6, the compiler cc.exe
>could not find the procedure entry point cygwin_fork_helper__FPvN30 in
>the dynamic link library cygwin.dll.  The build fails on the
>../dist/configure command.
>
>It would not surprise me if the build failed for other reasons.  The
>Entry Point Not Found error was unexpected.

If you have a cygwin.dll, you are using a very old version of cygwin.
That does not surprise me since cygwin_fork_helper only existed in older
versions of cygwin.

Check your system for older cygwin*.dll's and nuke them.  Use the Windows
Find/Search facility to locate them.

cgf

* RE: 1.1.8 procedure entry point cygwin_fork_helper__FPvN30 missing
@ 2001-04-02 13:01   ` Robert McNulty Junior
From: Robert McNulty Junior @ 2001-04-02 13:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin; +Cc: jester

>If you have a cygwin.dll, you are using a very old version of cygwin.
>That does not surprise me since cygwin_fork_helper only existed in older
>versions of cygwin.

>Check your system for older cygwin*.dll's and nuke them.  Use the Windows
>Find/Search facility to locate them.

>cgf

Possible location is Windows\system or an old distrubution called "Cygwin
b20.1"
Robert