* Files disappearing from /bin
@ 2022-07-01 10:30 Robert Perlberg
From: Robert Perlberg @ 2022-07-01 10:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I'm having a weird problem with Cygwin.  I've been running the same version of Cygwin for 9 years without updating the package or the operating system (Windows 8).  Everything has been working great for 9 years, but now whenever I use the package, files disappear from the /bin directory.  Specifically, whatever executables are running at the time will disappear.  Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this?

* Re: Files disappearing from /bin
@ 2022-07-01 11:44 ` Sharuzzaman Ahmat Raslan
From: Sharuzzaman Ahmat Raslan @ 2022-07-01 11:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Robert,

The symptoms might be caused by antivirus software running in your
PC/laptop.

Check in your antivirus logs to see if there are any removal/quarantine
action taken by it

Thanks

@ 2022-07-01 13:30   ` Robert Perlberg
From: Robert Perlberg @ 2022-07-01 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thank you very much.  That's exactly what happened.  Apparently, AVG now thinks that Cygwin is a virus.  I've added it to the exceptions list.