From: "Kris Thielemans" <kris.thielemans@csc.mrc.ac.uk>
To: "CygWin Users' List" <cygwin@cygwin.com>,
	"Andrei Cernea" <acernea@cedara.com>
Subject: RE: chmod
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 05:03:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Hi Andrei,

we see only part of your problem here. However, if you're asking on how to
make cygwin recognise that a shell script is executable, you should put
#! /bin/sh
as first line in the script. No chmod necessary (This is a FAQ actually).
(I don't know if chmod would work/is necessary with the ntsec feature
enabled. Hopefully someone else can clarify this and put it in the
FAQ/User's guide)

Kris Thielemans
(kris.thielemans <at> ic.ac.uk)
Imaging Research Solutions Ltd