* cygwin 3.11 stable for WinXP?
@ 2002-07-21  6:02 Fred Rathke
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Fred Rathke @ 2002-07-21  6:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: news: cygwin; +Cc: Fred Rathke

Hello,

is cygwin 3.11 or any other version stable enough for Windows XP PRO?
Thanks a lot for your help.

Sincerely yours

Fred Rathke
http://usability.liquid.org/
Usability in Ihrem Projektleitfaden.
Sponsered by www.liquidinformation.com

* Re: cygwin 3.11 stable for WinXP?
@ 2002-07-21  7:38 ` Sylvain Petreolle
From: Sylvain Petreolle @ 2002-07-21  7:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fred Rathke, news: cygwin; +Cc: Fred Rathke

yes,but actual version is 1.3.12-2...

@ 2002-07-21 11:49 ` Shawn Behrens
From: Shawn Behrens @ 2002-07-21 11:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi,

>is cygwin 3.11 or any other version stable enough for Windows XP PRO?

The current version is plenty stable. It depends on what you wish to do,
though. The packages you intend to use. Beta packages are, obviously, in
beta stage. We use Cygwin with sshd in a production environment to get
remote shell access to Windows machines, and yes, it has made life a lot
easier.

Shawn

* RE: cygwin 3.11 stable for WinXP?
@ 2002-07-22  0:53 ` Gary R. Van Sickle
From: Gary R. Van Sickle @ 2002-07-22  0:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: news: cygwin

> Hello,
>
> is cygwin 3.11 or any other version stable enough for Windows XP PRO?
> Thanks a lot for your help.

Oh, heck yeah.  I've been using Cygwin on XP ever since XP came out and I'd say
it's the best OS to run it on.

--
Gary R. Van Sickle
Brewer.  Patriot.

* RE: cygwin 3.11 stable for WinXP?
@ 2002-07-22  9:33 Robinow, David
From: Robinow, David @ 2002-07-22  9:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Fred Rathke', 'cygwin@cygwin.com'

> From: Fred Rathke [mailto:comrat@hotmail.com]
> Subject: cygwin 3.11 stable for WinXP?
> is cygwin 3.11 or any other version stable enough for Windows XP PRO?
> Thanks a lot for your help.
 Stable enough? It sounds like you think stability is a good thing!
 Well, cygwin is not stable.  It's constantly being improved.
 Any particular version, though, is quite stable.