* Re: rxvt and mutt incompatabilities
@ 2001-12-12  0:31 Gary R. Van Sickle
From: Gary R. Van Sickle @ 2001-12-12  0:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Is anybody out there running mutt and rxvt together?

Yep.

>  I get display problems
> and inconsistencies when I try to run mutt in rxvt.

What kind of inconsitencies?  I have literally no problems whatsoever.  What do
you set "-tn" to when you run rxvt?  If I don't set it to anything, it will
default to "TERM=xterm", which works fine except mutt has no color (though stuff
like "ls --color" works fine, go figure).  If I set it to "-tn rxvt", mutt gets
color and everything is great.

Just a hunch, what's your CYGWIN= set to?

--
Gary R. Van Sickle
Brewer.  Patriot.

* Re: rxvt and mutt incompatabilities
@ 2001-12-11 19:51   ` tim lupfer
From: tim lupfer @ 2001-12-11 19:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Dec 11 at 08:39PM tim lupfer wrote:

> On Dec 11 at 10:12AM C. Porter Bassett wrote:

>> Is anybody out there running mutt and rxvt together?  I get
>> display problems and inconsistencies when I try to run mutt in
>> rxvt.  In general, I have gotten much better terminal emulation
>> out of rxvt than out of the dos box, except for when running
>> mutt.

> Same here. However, if you do not require color support, use a
> vt220 terminal and everything else seems to function alright.

> ( alias newmutt="export TERM=vt220; mutt; alias TERM=oldterm" )

err, that should be export TERM=oldterm, excuse my drunkeness.

--
tim lupfer              tl@assimilated.org
familiarity breeds contempt--and children.

* Re: rxvt and mutt incompatabilities
@ 2001-12-11 18:53 ` tim lupfer
From: tim lupfer @ 2001-12-11 18:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin