From: "John Morrison" <john.r.morrison@ntlworld.com>
To: <cygwin@cygwin.com>
Subject: RE: defaults
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2002 06:50:00 -0000	[thread overview]

> From: Christopher Faylor
> On Mon, Dec 02, 2002 at 12:56:03PM -0000, Morrison, John wrote:
>
> You'd probably want something like:
<snip/>

setup.hint:

sdesc: "Conditionally move default files to proper location"
category: _PostInstallLast
requires: ash findutils fileutils sed sh-utils
autodep: etc/defaults/.*
incver_ifdep: yes

> This would run automatically whenever packages are downloaded and
> installed in one shot.  It wouldn't run if someone downloads everything
> and then installs piecemeal, though.

I think there are lots of things that don't work when cygwin
is not installed via setup.  I can't think of any other way...

> The script to move the files would be the only thing in the package and
> it would be a post-install script.

Done :)

Please find for you perusal and review... (long links, will wrap!)
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/j-n-s.morrison/john/cygwin/update-defaults/upda
te-defaults-1.0-1.tar.bz2
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/j-n-s.morrison/john/cygwin/update-defaults/defa
ults.html (this should be added to the 'how to create a package'
instructions, or something
like?)
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/j-n-s.morrison/john/cygwin/update-defaults/setu
p.hint
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/j-n-s.morrison/john/cygwin/update-defaults/md5s
um

Also, re-done base-files using this mechanism...
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/j-n-s.morrison/john/cygwin/base-files/base-file
s-1.2-1.tar.bz2
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/j-n-s.morrison/john/cygwin/base-files/setup.hin
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/j-n-s.morrison/john/cygwin/base-files/md5sum

*Please* test this before including in the distro!

J.