* Cannot login to ftpd
@ 2003-02-06  9:28 Ian Boisvert
From: Ian Boisvert @ 2003-02-06  9:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I've seen this discussed before, but haven't been able to find a resolution
yet. I have set up the ftp service in xinetd as follows:
service ftp
{
        socket_type             = stream
        wait                    = no
        server                  = /usr/sbin/in.ftpd
        log_on_success          += DURATION USERID
        log_on_failure          += USERID
        user                    = ianb
}
I have set the CYGWIN environment variable to ntsec. My passwd file contains
the following line:
ianb::1000:513:Ian
Boisvert,U-IANB\ianb,S-1-5-21-1220945662-1383384898-842925246-1000:/home/ian
b:/bin/bash
I have a /etc/shells file that contains /bin/bash. I run xinetd from the
command line. From another console I run ftp and try to connect to
127.0.0.1. I enter my username, 'ianb', and my password, and I get and error
stating login incorrect.

I'm stumped. If anyone can offer a suggestion, I would appreciate it.

Ian.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-02-06  9:28 UTC | newest]