* Re: getting  the sources
@ 2001-11-11  8:26 ` Gareth Pearce
From: Gareth Pearce @ 2001-11-11  8:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

> hi,
>     I  am new   to this list. I had  like  to know  where   to  get the
sources  and compile.  I have  cygwin setup
> my windows 2000 box  without  sources.
> thank you
> vipin

the sources for each program are available in the setup program used to
download them, there is a checkbox which becomes available to choose which
will allow the downloading of source.

the latest source for the main cygwin, and also for the setup program is
available for CVS download, details are on the web site.  Snapshots are also
avaiable... details on the web site and in the faq...

Gareth

* Re: getting  the sources
@ 2001-11-11  8:26       ` Charles Wilson
From: Charles Wilson @ 2001-11-11  8:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: vip; +Cc: cygwin

vipin aravind wrote:

> oops   for  the  2nd  part of the  question I find a
> clearn  command  whcih does  the same thing as clear  command.
> Was  it intentionally renamed?

Yes.  The ncurses package provides a clear.exe command -- but since that
conflicts with the clear.exe command provided by the "clear" package, the
version provided by the ncurses package was renamed to clearn.exe

--Chuck

* getting  the sources
@ 2001-11-11  8:26 vipin aravind
From: vipin aravind @ 2001-11-11  8:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

hi,
    I  am new   to this list. I had  like  to know  where   to  get the  sources  and compile.  I have  cygwin setup  on my windows 2000 box  without  sources.
thank you
vipin

[-- Attachment #2: InterScan_Disclaimer.txt --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 856 bytes --]

Information transmitted by this E-MAIL is proprietary to Wipro and/or its Customers and
is intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is
addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or
recipient or it appears that this mail has been forwarded to you without
proper authority, you are notified that any use or dissemination of this
information in any manner is strictly prohibited. In such cases, please
notify us immediately at mailto:mailadmin@wipro.com and delete this mail
from your records.

* Re: getting  the sources
@ 2001-11-11  8:26   ` vipin aravind
From: vipin aravind @ 2001-11-11  8:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gareth Pearce, cygwin

ok,  I downloaded  the   sources   for the  bash  shell.
I had like  to  build   the  bash shell  with  the  sources.
will  I get some  tips  to get  started?  ,e.g:-which  directory   to copy
to.
I  am getting  the  following  error  in the bash  shell:-
Administrator@VIPIN ~
$ clear
bash: clear: command not found

Administrator@VIPIN ~

vipin

From: vipin aravind @ 2001-11-11  8:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Charles Wilson; +Cc: cygwin

hi,
I had  like   to ask  a  newbie   question.please  let me  know  whether
there is  any problem  with my proceedure.
firstly I  did a  basic  install  of  cygwin and  it  came  up  with  no
sources and some  packages.
Inorder  to get  the  some  selected packages  with sources I   did  run the
setup.exe and finally came  to mirror  sites  list,  selected  a site  got
to the next  screen  with the next  button  where  the packages  are
presented.
I select my options  in the hope  of getting  the  sources.
Unfortunately I get the following  error.  How  do I workaround  this
problem
---------------------------
Cygwin Setup
---------------------------
Download error: latest/bison/bison-1.28-1-src.tar.gz too short (27212,
wanted 423847)
---------------------------
OK
---------------------------
I  tried   several  other mirror  sites  and   I  am  finding  no  way to
get the packages  properly.
vipin

From: vipin aravind @ 2001-11-11  8:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Thanks a lot  for this pointer.   I  gotto  experiment now.  one more
question
does   the packages  listed  in http://cygwin.com/packages/  constitute  the
whole of cygwin  or is  it a subset.
thanks