* Tasking not implemented on this configuration - again
@ 2005-10-10 14:18 Peter W Meyer
From: Peter W Meyer @ 2005-10-10 14:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I am also trying to run tasking using GCC-Ada and cygwin and I'm getting
the Tasking not implemented message.  I took a look at the emails regarding
this and the responses.

I went back to Cygwin setup to see what I had installed already and found
that I already had the Mingw run-time, the Ada compiler and the Ada core
components.  The version numbers match the ones from the previous messages.
I have GCC-Ada 3.4.4-1, GCC-Ada Core 3.4.4-1, W32API 3.3-1, and
Minw-runtime 3.8-1.  I installed these using Cygwin

Is there something else I need?  Are the files from Mingw.org different
from those at Cygwin?

Thanks for any help.

Peter Meyer
FishEye Software

* Re: Tasking not implemented on this configuration - again
@ 2005-10-11 20:55 ` Gerrit P. Haase
From: Gerrit P. Haase @ 2005-10-11 20:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter W Meyer; +Cc: cygwin

Peter W Meyer wrote:
> I am also trying to run tasking using GCC-Ada and cygwin and I'm getting
> the Tasking not implemented message.  I took a look at the emails regarding
> this and the responses.
>
> I went back to Cygwin setup to see what I had installed already and found
> that I already had the Mingw run-time, the Ada compiler and the Ada core
> components.  The version numbers match the ones from the previous messages.
> I have GCC-Ada 3.4.4-1, GCC-Ada Core 3.4.4-1, W32API 3.3-1, and
> Minw-runtime 3.8-1.  I installed these using Cygwin
>
> Is there something else I need?  Are the files from Mingw.org different
> from those at Cygwin?

Yes, the Mingw.org is a native Windows version of GCC, the Cygwin
version is linked against cygwin1.dll.

I'll try to figure out if it is possible to enable Ada tasking without
regressions.

Gerrit
--
=^..^=

* Re: Tasking not implemented on this configuration - again
@ 2005-10-11 21:25   ` Peter W Meyer
From: Peter W Meyer @ 2005-10-11 21:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gerrit P. Haase; +Cc: cygwin

Peter W Meyer wrote:
> I am also trying to run tasking using GCC-Ada and cygwin and I'm getting
> the Tasking not implemented message.  I took a look at the emails
regarding
> this and the responses.
>
> I went back to Cygwin setup to see what I had installed already and found
> that I already had the Mingw run-time, the Ada compiler and the Ada core
> components.  The version numbers match the ones from the previous
messages.
> I have GCC-Ada 3.4.4-1, GCC-Ada Core 3.4.4-1, W32API 3.3-1, and
> Minw-runtime 3.8-1.  I installed these using Cygwin
>
> Is there something else I need?  Are the files from Mingw.org different
> from those at Cygwin?

Yes, the Mingw.org is a native Windows version of GCC, the Cygwin
version is linked against cygwin1.dll.

I'll try to figure out if it is possible to enable Ada tasking without
regressions.

Gerrit
--
=^..^=

If I understand the answer correctly, I should download the Mingw.org
version of GCC into  cygwin/lib/gcc (that's how I have it on my system) and
that will allow me to use the native windows version of GCC.

thanks for the advice,

Peter

* Re: Tasking not implemented on this configuration - again
@ 2005-11-22 17:43 CRAIG SORENSEN
From: CRAIG SORENSEN @ 2005-11-22 17:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Like I said I'm sure I missed a step. I downloaded the 4 zip files from
MinGW. I extracted the files into the cygwin folder leaving the directories
untouched. There are now three new folders in the cygwin folder. This didn't
do anything, so I copied all the files out of these three new folders and
pasted directly into the cygwin folder replacing some of the original cygwin
folders, ie. include. This did not work either.

Thanks for your help,

@ 2005-11-18  8:01 Anh Vo
From: Anh Vo @ 2005-11-18  8:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin, sorbercra

@ 2005-11-18  0:52 CRAIG SORENSEN
From: CRAIG SORENSEN @ 2005-11-18  0:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Sorry for the late response.
I downloaded the 4 zip files from Mingw.org and extracted them to my cygwin
file replacing all. This didn't seem to do anything. Is there something I
missed after I extract the files?

Thanks for the help
Craig Sorensen

* Re: Tasking not implemented on this configuration - again
@ 2005-11-17 21:34 CRAIG SORENSEN
From: CRAIG SORENSEN @ 2005-11-17 21:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

@ 2005-11-17 18:35 CRAIG SORENSEN
From: CRAIG SORENSEN @ 2005-11-17 18:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Tue, Oct 11, 2005 at 08:43:47PM -0500, Anh Vo wrote:
>Peter W Meyer wrote:
> > I am also trying to run tasking using GCC-Ada and cygwin and I'm getting
> > the Tasking not implemented message.  I took a look at the emails
>regarding
> > this and the responses.
> > > I went back to Cygwin setup to see what I had installed already and
>found
> > that I already had the Mingw run-time, the Ada compiler and the Ada core
> > components.  The version numbers match the ones from the previous
>messages.
> > I have GCC-Ada 3.4.4-1, GCC-Ada Core 3.4.4-1, W32API 3.3-1, and
> > Minw-runtime 3.8-1.  I installed these using Cygwin
> > > Is there something else I need?  Are the files from Mingw.org
>different
> > from those at Cygwin?
>
>Yes, the Mingw.org is a native Windows version of GCC, the Cygwin
>version is linked against cygwin1.dll.
>
>I'll try to figure out if it is possible to enable Ada tasking without
>regressions.
>
>It would be great if it can be done easily. In addition, I will tip my hat
>for your effort.

:) If you wish to tip Gerrit's hat instead, you can do so at
http://cygwin.com/donations.html

Sorry for the late responce.

@ 2005-10-12  8:13 ` Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes
From: Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes @ 2005-10-12  8:13 UTC (permalink / raw)