* Problems with Squid
@ 2003-09-18 13:06 sdavy
From: sdavy @ 2003-09-18 13:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hello all,

I'd would like to build and run Squid on a cygwin box. I made my first
tests a few weeks ago and could compile and run Squid 2.5 STABLE3 with the
cygwin1.dll 1.3.20 on a NT machine. I also have an icap patch on squid
source tree.
I recently upgraded my cygwin and then recover a new version of cygwin.dll
(1.5.4). In the same time, I recompiled Squid and it doesn't work anymore:
building is OK, but when I want to lunch it, I've this error message:

C:\squid\sbin>squid -N
FATAL: setrlimit: RLIMIT_NOFILE: (24) Too many open files
Squid Cache (Version 2.5.STABLE3-CVS): Terminated abnormally.
CPU Usage: 0.060 seconds = 0.050 user + 0.010 sys
Maximum Resident Size: 10368 KB
Page faults with physical i/o: 653
     17 [sig] squid 441 open_stackdumpfile: Dumping stack trace to
squid.exe.stackdump

C:\squid\sbin>squid

My compile options in both cases:
../configure --prefix=c:/squid \
          --enable-auth="basic,ntlm" \
          --enable-ntlm-auth-helpers="fakeauth"
icap is disabled for these tests.

My cygwin1.dll is in the sbin directory.
I recovered an old cygwin distro with 1.3.20 from another machine, build
again squid, and it works. So, I think that my problems come from the
different changes inside the DLL. I've not found any other message related
to RLIMIT_NOFILE.

Any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated

Thanks a lot for your help

Stéphane

* RE: Problems with squid
@ 2002-06-15  1:05     ` Robert Collins
From: Robert Collins @ 2002-06-15  1:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jim.george; +Cc: cygwin

If you are referring to the extra src directory, it
A) should have any functional impact
B) Won't be looked at by me just yet. Probably for 2.5 I'll get that
sorted.

Rob

* RE: Problems with squid
@ 2002-06-14 15:31   ` Jim.George
From: Jim.George @ 2002-06-14 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Robert Collins; +Cc: jim.george, cygwin

Thanks Rob but in-light of the path problem as well, I'll wait.

Thanks,

Jim

On Sat, 15 Jun 2002, Robert Collins wrote:

> Ah, thanks for reminding me,
> I need to recompile squid with the current regex library for cygwin.
>
> You'll need to rebuild from source, or wait a few days and then update.
>
> Rob

* RE: Problems with squid
@ 2002-06-14 15:15   ` Nicholas Wourms
From: Nicholas Wourms @ 2002-06-14 15:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Robert Collins, jim.george, cygwin

Robert,

Also, the squid package has some messed up directories in it, as well.  It
is installing files to the src/ directory for some reason.  Perhpas the
build script is messed up?

Cheers,
Nicholas
--- Robert Collins <robert.collins@syncretize.net> wrote:
> Ah, thanks for reminding me,
> I need to recompile squid with the current regex library for cygwin.
>
> You'll need to rebuild from source, or wait a few days and then update.
>
> Rob

* RE: Problems with squid
@ 2002-06-14 15:09 ` Robert Collins
From: Robert Collins @ 2002-06-14 15:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jim.george, cygwin

Ah, thanks for reminding me,
I need to recompile squid with the current regex library for cygwin.

You'll need to rebuild from source, or wait a few days and then update.

Rob

* Problems with squid
@ 2002-06-14 14:53 Jim.George