* Outdated git-review package
@ 2022-07-13  8:44 Oledzki, Maciej (Nokia - PL/Wroclaw)
From: Oledzki, Maciej (Nokia - PL/Wroclaw) @ 2022-07-13  8:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'cygwin@cygwin.com'

Hi,

Latest git-review package available in Cygwin repository (2.1.0-1) is not compatible with latest git package (2.37.0-1).
Following error appears in during gerrit review:

Errors running git rebase -p -i remotes/gerrit/master
fatal: --preserve-merges was replaced by --rebase-merges

This problem is fixed in git review 2.2.0:
https://docs.opendev.org/opendev/git-review/latest/releasenotes.html#relnotes-2-2-0

It would be great if version 2.2.0 (or more recent) of git-review was available.

--
Best regards,
Maciej Olędzki

* Re: Outdated git-review package
@ 2022-07-20  8:07 ` Adam Dinwoodie
From: Adam Dinwoodie @ 2022-07-20  8:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Wed, Jul 13, 2022 at 08:44:22AM +0000, Oledzki, Maciej (Nokia - PL/Wroclaw) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Latest git-review package available in Cygwin repository (2.1.0-1) is not compatible with latest git package (2.37.0-1).
> Following error appears in during gerrit review:
>
> Errors running git rebase -p -i remotes/gerrit/master
> fatal: --preserve-merges was replaced by --rebase-merges
>
> This problem is fixed in git review 2.2.0:
> https://docs.opendev.org/opendev/git-review/latest/releasenotes.html#relnotes-2-2-0
>
> It would be great if version 2.2.0 (or more recent) of git-review was available.

Marco, are you able to get this updated?  I've had a play with the
current cygport file, and it looks like the update works trivially,
although I haven't been able to set up a test environment to test it
locally.  My changes are at [0] if you want to see them, but I don't
think there's anything very interesting.

[0]: https://github.com/me-and/Cygwin-git-review/tree/prerelease

Maciej, it looks like you should be able to install this yourself from
PyPI or from the source itself.  Alternatively I've prepared a Cygwin
package that you should be able to install manually.

-   If you have an appropriate version of `python*-pip` installed, run

        python3 -m pip install git-review

-   If you want to install from source yourself, it's available at
    https://opendev.org/opendev/git-review

-   If you want to use my tentative Cygwin build, make sure you have
    the curl, python39 and python39-setuptools packages installed, and
    the git-review package _uninstalled_, then run:

        curl -L https://github.com/me-and/Cygwin-git-review/releases/download/v2.3.1-1-prerelease.10.1/git-review-2.3.1-1.tar.xz | tar -xJC/

    As above, I've not actually been able to test this package, so I
    can't provide any guarantees about it, but you're very welcome to
    give it a go!

HTH

Adam

* Re: Outdated git-review package
@ 2022-07-20 18:36   ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2022-07-20 18:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 20.07.2022 10:07, Adam Dinwoodie wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 13, 2022 at 08:44:22AM +0000, Oledzki, Maciej (Nokia - PL/Wroclaw) wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Latest git-review package available in Cygwin repository (2.1.0-1) is not compatible with latest git package (2.37.0-1).
>> Following error appears in during gerrit review:
>>
>> Errors running git rebase -p -i remotes/gerrit/master
>> fatal: --preserve-merges was replaced by --rebase-merges
>>
>> This problem is fixed in git review 2.2.0:
>> https://docs.opendev.org/opendev/git-review/latest/releasenotes.html#relnotes-2-2-0
>>
>> It would be great if version 2.2.0 (or more recent) of git-review was available.
>
> Marco, are you able to get this updated?

2.3.1 is going up.

Curious, I forgot I was the maintainer I thought it was you

Regard
Marco

* Re: Outdated git-review package
@ 2022-07-23 15:31     ` Adam Dinwoodie
From: Adam Dinwoodie @ 2022-07-23 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Wed, 20 Jul 2022 at 19:37, Marco Atzeri wrote:
> On 20.07.2022 10:07, Adam Dinwoodie wrote:
> > On Wed, Jul 13, 2022 at 08:44:22AM +0000, Oledzki, Maciej (Nokia - PL/Wroclaw) wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Latest git-review package available in Cygwin repository (2.1.0-1) is not compatible with latest git package (2.37.0-1).
> >> Following error appears in during gerrit review:
> >>
> >> Errors running git rebase -p -i remotes/gerrit/master
> >> fatal: --preserve-merges was replaced by --rebase-merges
> >>
> >> This problem is fixed in git review 2.2.0:
> >> https://docs.opendev.org/opendev/git-review/latest/releasenotes.html#relnotes-2-2-0
> >>
> >> It would be great if version 2.2.0 (or more recent) of git-review was available.
> >
> > Marco, are you able to get this updated?
>
> 2.3.1 is going up.
>
> Curious, I forgot I was the maintainer I thought it was you

If you want to hand that over to me to look after along with the other
Cygwin Git bits I handle, I'm happy to do that! I don't use Gerrit
myself, so I don't have any good way of testing the packages, but it's
a sufficiently simple package that I'm fine to just keep it up to date
myself anyway.

* RE: Outdated git-review package
@ 2021-05-19  8:50   ` Oledzki, Maciej (Nokia - PL/Wroclaw)
From: Oledzki, Maciej (Nokia - PL/Wroclaw) @ 2021-05-19  8:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marco Atzeri, cygwin; +Cc: Rutkowska, Anna (Nokia - PL/Wroclaw)

On May 18, 2021 9:52 PM Marco Atzeri via Cygwin wrote:

> git-review-2.1.0-1 has been uploaded, please test and let us know
>
> The new version is working with python 3.8 while the previous one was using
> python 2.7

Hi,

Everything works fine, thank you for quick response.

--
BR,
Maciej

* Re: Outdated git-review package
@ 2021-05-18 19:52 ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2021-05-18 19:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin; +Cc: maciej.oledzki, anna.rutkowska

On 18.05.2021 13:22, Oledzki, Maciej (Nokia - PL/Wroclaw) via Cygwin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Latest git-review package available in Cygwin repository is old (1.26.0-1) and is not supported by recent Gerrit Code Review (3.2.7 and newer).
> It would be great if more recent version of git-review was available.

git-review-2.1.0-1 has been uploaded, please test and let us know

The new version is working with python 3.8 while the previous one
was using python 2.7

Regards
Marco

* Outdated git-review package