* GNU MP port to Windows 32 bit
@ 1997-09-24 15:53 Paul Andrew
From: Paul Andrew @ 1997-09-24 15:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'gnu-win32@cygnus.com'

Hi,

Do you know of anyone who has ported the GNU Multi Precision library to
Win32?

I am pursuing compiling it with Microsoft Visual C++ and Cygnus Win32
GCC.  Haven't decided yet which will be the "better" alternative.

The goal is a 32bit DLL containing the GNU MP library.

Best Regards,
Paul
--
Paul.Andrew@optimation.co.nz     Consultant
Optimation NZ Ltd                Phone  +64 (4) 472-7218

-

* Trivial question (maybe): how to use swedish keyboard with bash
@ 1997-09-24 23:17 ` Erik Nyquist
From: Erik Nyquist @ 1997-09-24 23:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

I thought it would nice to have a real shell instead of command.com
(I am running Windows-95), so I tried bash. The only problem with
that is my swedish keyboard. I want to be able to use the AltGr-key
to get characters like $£\|. I have tried to find an appropriate
termcap-entry and appropriate TERM-setting, but that does not seem to
help. I start bash in a command-window.

Is there anyone that knows more about this? Is it
possible to use my swedish keyboard with bash?

Erik

* Re: Trivial question (maybe): how to use swedish keyboard with bash
@ 1997-09-25 17:38   ` Alex
From: Alex @ 1997-09-25 17:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

On Thu, 25 Sep 1997, Erik Nyquist wrote:

> I thought it would nice to have a real shell instead of command.com
> (I am running Windows-95), so I tried bash. The only problem with
> that is my swedish keyboard. I want to be able to use the AltGr-key
> to get characters like $£\|. I have tried to find an appropriate
> termcap-entry and appropriate TERM-setting, but that does not seem to
> help. I start bash in a command-window.
>
> Is there anyone that knows more about this? Is it
> possible to use my swedish keyboard with bash?

You need to download an updated cygwin.dll from www.lexa.ru/sos, YMMV.

- alex

-

* Re: Trivial question (maybe): how to use swedish keyboard with bash
@ 1997-09-26 12:06 Sven Brueggemann
From: Sven Brueggemann @ 1997-09-26 12:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

TW> I then restarted the computer and found that it was possible to
TW> use the shift key  Alt Gr  to type  @${[]}\|  being in bash.
TW> BUT IT WAS STILL NOT POSSIBLE TO TYPE "`", i.e. backward apo-
TW> strophe and "~", i.e. tilde.

Normally you don't need the backward apostropy in bash - simply say
$(command) instead of `command`.

WIN95 does not seem to handle the dead keys (characters show up after
typing another key) right. On German keyboards, ~ works fine, but in your
language it may be a dead key.

What is really annoying is that the non-dead layout-specific keys do not
work with latest coolview, e.g. the umlauts on German keyboards.

If you really need the keys that are dead in your layout, there is a
workaround: In Control Panel / Keyboard you can load the English/USA
language and layout and switch the layouts via hotkey as needed. English/
USA layout has another advantage: VI(M) commands are now quite logical :-)

BTW: How do I type national characters such as German umlauts or French
accented characters on US-keyboards?

regards
-

* Trivial question (maybe): how to use swedish keyboard with bash
@ 1997-09-25 15:20 Tage Westlund
From: Tage Westlund @ 1997-09-25 15:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: erny; +Cc: gnu-win32