* Ported: NcFTP
@ 1997-10-15 19:03 Joshua O'Keefe
From: Joshua O'Keefe @ 1997-10-15 19:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

I didn't see this listed in the "Successful Ports" document, so I thought
I'd comment.

Downloaded the current NcFTP source, ran configure and added -lreadline
into the Makefile.

Compiles and runs fine, although I haven't thoroughly tested it.

Next challenge: the Foothills version of the EW-too talker.  That'll be
interesting.
--
 majick@jqo.dyndns.com
-

* Re: Ported: NcFTP
@ 1997-10-16 17:15 ` Alex
From: Alex @ 1997-10-16 17:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joshua O'Keefe; +Cc: gnu-win32

On Wed, 15 Oct 1997, Joshua O'Keefe wrote:

> I didn't see this listed in the "Successful Ports" document, so I thought
> I'd comment.
>
> Downloaded the current NcFTP source, ran configure and added -lreadline
> into the Makefile.
>
> Compiles and runs fine, although I haven't thoroughly tested it.

Yip.  It should compile out of the box with ncurses, and termcap, though
termcap doesn't really work AFAIK.  Just set TERM to linux, and get
Sergey's latest dll.  I have v2.4.2 and ncurses 1.9.9g on my web page.

- alex

-

* Re: Ported: NcFTP
@ 1997-10-18  4:53 ` David Coe
From: David Coe @ 1997-10-18  4:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dahms; +Cc: gnu-win32

dahms@ifk20.mach.uni-karlsruhe.de wrote:

> Is NcFTP a server or a client? The NT FTP client works just fine for me,
> so why would I need NcFTP?

The main attraction (for me) of NcFTP is the reget facility. That way
(at least connected to non-MS FTP servers) I can handle the disaster of
dropped modem lines on large files!

--
Dr David Coe                         \=\
58 Fairlawn Drive, East Grinstead     \=\

* Re: Ported: NcFTP
@ 1997-10-17 17:56 ` Alex
From: Alex @ 1997-10-17 17:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dahms; +Cc: gnu-win32

On Sat, 18 Oct 1997 dahms@ifk20.mach.uni-karlsruhe.de wrote:

> Hi Alex, you wrote:
>
> : On Wed, 15 Oct 1997, Joshua O'Keefe wrote:
> :
> : > Downloaded the current NcFTP source, ran configure and added -lreadline
> : > into the Makefile.
>
> Is NcFTP a server or a client? The NT FTP client works just fine for me,
> so why would I need NcFTP?

NcFTP is a freeware client, NcFTPd is a _very_ good and _very_ _very_
cheap server by the same author (pricing starts at $US 5).   You don't
need NcFTP for anything if the NT ftp client works for you.  The screen
updates will be slower in NcFTP, however on the plus side you'll get
access to the cygwin32 (posix style I guess) paths, you'll get a more
visual display, a macro language, resume, bookmarks, better online help,
and tips of the day.  But if you're happy with the NT client.. ;-)

- alex

-

* Re: Ported: NcFTP
@ 1997-10-17 15:15 dahms