* error starting prog : mkpasswd.exe  and a few others
@ 1997-10-15 23:27 bman
From: bman @ 1997-10-15 23:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

beta 18

when trying to execute various commands from bash such as (mkpasswd ) and a
few others the shell returns to windows with a error stating this exactly :

error starting prog

the mkpasswd.exe file is linked to missing export netapi32.dll:netuserenum.

I have a file of the same name in c:\windows\system (8k   netapi32.dll). I
dont understand this problem .

thanks . hope this helps.

Brian correll
webmaster@cdtech2000.com

-

* Re: error starting prog : mkpasswd.exe  and a few others
@ 1997-10-16 17:15 ` Alex
From: Alex @ 1997-10-16 17:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bman; +Cc: gnu-win32

On Thu, 16 Oct 1997, bman wrote:

> when trying to execute various commands from bash such as (mkpasswd ) and a
> few others the shell returns to windows with a error stating this exactly :
>
> error starting prog
>
> the mkpasswd.exe file is linked to missing export netapi32.dll:netuserenum.
>
> I have a file of the same name in c:\windows\system (8k   netapi32.dll). I
> dont understand this problem .

mkpassword is designed for WinNT, not 95.  If you're using nt,
netapi32.dll would have the function netuserenum.

- alex

-