* Re: Using the Windows clipboard in rxvt [WAS: cygwin.bat suggestions]
@ 2002-07-11 12:03 Gary R Van Sickle
From: Gary R Van Sickle @ 2002-07-11 12:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

> >  I know this is an old thread now, but is there any
> >  clipboard functionality in rxvt?
>
> Yes : (i) select required material from the rxvt terminal with <L-click>
and
> drag; (ii) press <Alt-C> to copy to the clipboard; (iii) press <Ctrl-V> as
> usual to paste into your Windows application. (At least, this is what
works
> in W98). Fergus

The second step isn't necessary, at least on my setup.  It's just:

To copy from rxvt to another Windows prog:
1.  Select the text with the left mouse button.  When you release the
button, it automatically gets copied to the clipboard.
2.  Go to your other Windows app and paste as you normally would.

To paste into rxvt, simply hit the middle mouse button.  If you don't have a
middle mouse button, put this in your .inputrc:

# Make the Insert key actually useful
"\e[2~": paste-from-clipboard

This makes the insert key into a paste key.

--
Gary R. Van Sickle
Braemar Inc.

* Re: Using the Windows clipboard in rxvt [WAS: cygwin.bat suggestions]
@ 2002-07-11 12:30 ` Jason Tishler
From: Jason Tishler @ 2002-07-11 12:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Thu, Jul 11, 2002 at 12:48:55PM -0500, Gary R Van Sickle wrote:
> To paste into rxvt, simply hit the middle mouse button.  If you don't have a
> middle mouse button, put this in your .inputrc:

Or, use shift left button.

Jason

* Re: Using the Windows clipboard in rxvt [WAS: cygwin.bat suggestions]
@ 2002-07-12 10:34   ` Jim.George
From: Jim.George @ 2002-07-12 10:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jason Tishler; +Cc: cygwin

On Thu, 11 Jul 2002, Jason Tishler wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 11, 2002 at 12:48:55PM -0500, Gary R Van Sickle wrote:
> > To paste into rxvt, simply hit the middle mouse button.  If you don't have a
> > middle mouse button, put this in your .inputrc:
>
> Or, use shift left button.
>
> Jason

Thanks Jason.

* Re: Using the Windows clipboard in rxvt [WAS: cygwin.bat suggestions]
@ 2002-07-11 14:09 ` Andrew DeFaria
From: Andrew DeFaria @ 2002-07-11 14:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

f.daly@dundee.ac.uk wrote:

> Yes : (i) select required material from the rxvt terminal with
> <L-click> and drag; (ii) press <Alt-C> to copy to the clipboard; (iii)
> press <Ctrl-V> as usual to paste into your Windows application. (At
> least, this is what works in W98). Fergus

(ii) should be unnecessary. When you select in rxvt it automatically
puts the selected text in the clipboard.

* Using the Windows clipboard in rxvt [WAS: cygwin.bat suggestions]
@ 2002-07-11  6:11 f.daly
From: f.daly @ 2002-07-11  6:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin; +Cc: Vince.Hoffman, fergus