* X server for NT?
@ 1997-03-25 20:11 Krishna Padmasola
From: Krishna Padmasola @ 1997-03-25 20:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

Is the X server available for NT?

Thanks,
Krishna Padmasola.
-

* Re: X server for NT?
@ 1997-03-26 17:32 ` Zadok
From: Zadok @ 1997-03-26 17:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Krishna Padmasola; +Cc: gnu-win32

On Wed, 26 Mar 1997, Krishna Padmasola wrote:

> Is the X server available for NT?
I know 2 ... try www.smart.is for a realtively small beast I haven't tried
out yet and then there exists something called MicroX ( no idea where to
fetch ) a X server for 32 bit Windows, the win32s versoin is on any better
ftp server...

may the spook be with you !
Jehova !
ML

-

* Re: X server for NT?
@ 1997-03-26 17:32 ` Arlindo da Silva
From: Arlindo da Silva @ 1997-03-26 17:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pkrishna; +Cc: gnu-win32

Dear Krishna,

> Is the X server available for NT?

I have been using the freeware X server from Micro Images:

     http://tnt.microimages.com/www/html/freestuf/mix.htm

It works quite nicely with the X11R6.3 I built with Cygnus GNU Win32
beta 17.1.

   |             ^|^                     ARLINDO DA SILVA            |
   |              |                     212 Lexington Drive          |
   |             _|_                  Silver Spring, MD 20901        |
   |      @  ___|___|__                                              |
   |     _|_|__________|_______/    mailto://dasilva@alum.mit.edu    |
   |    \  o o o o o o o  /                                          |
   |     \_______________/            Home: (301) 754-1121           |
   |  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^         FAX: (301) 805-7959           |

-

* Re: X server for NT?
@ 1997-03-27  9:46   ` C. R. Oldham
From: C. R. Oldham @ 1997-03-27  9:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

On Wed, 26 Mar 1997, Zadok wrote:

> On Wed, 26 Mar 1997, Krishna Padmasola wrote:
>
> > Is the X server available for NT?
> I know 2 ... try www.smart.is for a realtively small beast I haven't tried
> out yet and then there exists something called MicroX ( no idea where to
> fetch )

That would be Micro X-Win32.  Trial version available at www.starnet.com.

It's pretty good.  I've used it for some time.  The thing I like about it
is that it's lightweight--I've got an xterm and an Emacs session open and
it consumes about 1.2 MB of core.  PC-XWare, on the other hand, takes 5 MB
before I even open an xterm.

--
| Charles R. (C. R.) Oldham     |         NCA Commission on Schools  |
| cro@nca.asu.edu               |  Arizona St. Univ., PO Box 873011  |

-

* X server for Win32 questions
@ 1997-03-28 18:13     ` David Essex
From: David Essex @ 1997-03-28 18:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

Has any one been able to port other X11 applications, such as a window
manager for example, using Gnu-win32 ?

Recently I have been able to build and execute portions of the netpbm image
format conversion utilities.

David

-