* JNI
@ 1999-09-14 12:18 Carolyn Fiebig
From: Carolyn Fiebig @ 1999-09-14 12:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi,

  I have been trying to get an applications that needs to include both
jni.h and map.h to compile with Cygnus B20.1 without any luck.  I tried
the patch and directions indicated in
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/ .  I was able to get
the small sample C++ application that is provided on that website to work,
but I tried adding #include <map.h> to the top of the sample C++ program
and suddenly I got a page of errors dealing with stl_map.h and the __int32
typedef in the include file in the
jdk1.1.8/include/win32/typedef_md.h.  These were the same errors I was
getting from my application.  Has anyone else experienced this?  Anyone
know how to get around the problem?

                                       Thanks,

                                       Carolyn Fiebig

* JNI
@ 1999-09-30 23:42 ` Carolyn Fiebig
From: Carolyn Fiebig @ 1999-09-30 23:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi,

  I have been trying to get an applications that needs to include both
jni.h and map.h to compile with Cygnus B20.1 without any luck.  I tried
the patch and directions indicated in
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/ .  I was able to get
the small sample C++ application that is provided on that website to work,
but I tried adding #include <map.h> to the top of the sample C++ program
and suddenly I got a page of errors dealing with stl_map.h and the __int32
typedef in the include file in the
jdk1.1.8/include/win32/typedef_md.h.  These were the same errors I was
getting from my application.  Has anyone else experienced this?  Anyone
know how to get around the problem?

                                       Thanks,

                                       Carolyn Fiebig

* Re: Jni
@ 1999-11-30 23:39   ` Mumit Khan
From: Mumit Khan @ 1999-11-30 23:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Basavaraj Narthi; +Cc: cygwin

Basavaraj Narthi <bnarthi@india.hp.com> writes:
> HI there.
> Can you please ans this question. I am using gcc to build the dll and
> trying to use this in JNI programming.
> but when i use this dll and try to invoke the method it gives me
> likerror.

Please see http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/ as
a starting point. If you're using Mingw, then it should work just
fine; if you're using Cygwin, there are known problems, but it works
in a limited set of cases.

Regards,
Mumit

* Jni
@ 1999-11-30 23:39 ` Basavaraj Narthi
From: Basavaraj Narthi @ 1999-11-30 23:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

HI there.
Can you please ans this question. I am using gcc to build the dll and
trying to use this in JNI programming.
but when i use this dll and try to invoke the method it gives me
likerror.

Regards
Bassa

* Re: Jni
@ 1999-11-15 11:23 ` Mumit Khan
From: Mumit Khan @ 1999-11-15 11:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Basavaraj Narthi; +Cc: cygwin

@ 1999-11-12 16:54 Basavaraj Narthi
From: Basavaraj Narthi @ 1999-11-12 16:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

@ 1999-08-31 23:49 ` Arman Aygen
From: Arman Aygen @ 1999-08-31 23:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Why the gcc compiler doesn't accept the jni.h header file for JNI
applications ?

Aygen Arman                                     EPFL-SSC 4eme
Place du Tunnel 11                              rue de Neuchatel 26
CH-1005 LAUSANNE                                1400 Yverdon
tel:++41 21 311 14 31				tel:++41 24 425 81 59
Frequence Banane (92.4FM)                mailto:aaygen@fbwww.epfl.ch

* Re: JNI
@ 1999-08-31 23:49   ` Mumit Khan
From: Mumit Khan @ 1999-08-31 23:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Arman Aygen; +Cc: cygwin

Arman Aygen <aaygen@fbibm1.epfl.ch> writes:
> Why the gcc compiler doesn't accept the jni.h header file for JNI
> applications ?

Because it uses non-standard MS compiler-specific construct (__int64).
Download my java-jni howto from:
  http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/
which includes the trivial patch necessary to make it compile with
gcc and other compilers.

Regards,
Mumit

* Re: JNI