* Info
@ 2003-08-26 16:43 Larry Johnson at 066
From: Larry Johnson at 066 @ 2003-08-26 16:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'cygwin@cygwin.com'

I am a professor @ ITT Tech in Omaha Nebraska.  If you look @ a map of the
USA, pick the center most spot.  That'll put you pretty close.  In any case,
my point.  I'm interested in this CygWin software for a class on RedHat
Linux 9.  I don't see any thing that would preclude us using it, but I did
see that Redhat sells a version along with some support package.

Can you verify that CygWin is Open Source.  I would not be able to use it if
license must be purchased by Corp HQ.  They probably wouldn't go for that.

Kindest Regards,
THE BEAR
aka
Professor Larry Patrick Johnson A+ / MCP
Office 	402-331-2900
lpjohnson@itt-tech.edu

Cell 	402-301-4834
larryjohnson@cox.net

* Re: Info
@ 2003-08-26 16:46 ` Igor Pechtchanski
From: Igor Pechtchanski @ 2003-08-26 16:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Larry Johnson at 066; +Cc: cygwin

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003, it was written:

> I am a professor @ ITT Tech in Omaha Nebraska.  If you look @ a map of
> the USA, pick the center most spot.  That'll put you pretty close.  In
> any case, my point.  I'm interested in this CygWin software for a class
> on RedHat Linux 9.  I don't see any thing that would preclude us using
> it, but I did see that Redhat sells a version along with some support
> package.
>
> Can you verify that CygWin is Open Source.  I would not be able to use it if
> license must be purchased by Corp HQ.  They probably wouldn't go for that.
>
> Kindest Regards,
> Professor Larry Patrick Johnson A+ / MCP

Well, if Cygwin isn't open-source, then what have I been checking out and
modifying all this time? ;-)

Seriously, though -- Cygwin is GPL'd software.  There's *usually* no need
to purchase the buyout license that RedHat offers.  Your students should
have no legal problems downloading Cygwin, installing it, and using it for
a class.

However, the GPL does contain some restrictions -- be sure to at least
read the GPL FAQ (search the list archives for a link).  One potential
pitfall (and IANAL, so please consult with one) is that if you distribute
the binaries to your students yourself (rather than point them to the
Cygwin site), you should also distribute the corresponding sources.
Another is that the code linked with the Cygwin DLL should adhere to a
certain type of licensing before being distributed (again, this is in the
FAQ).  Most people don't find these cumbersome, but do consult a lawyer if
you're worried or unsure.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

* Info...
@ 2005-01-13  9:46 luca.spinacci
From: luca.spinacci @ 2005-01-13  9:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I need cygwin version 1.5.5 with PostGreSQL (v. 7.3.4-2)...
Where can I find that version?
Thank you.
Luca.

* Info
@ 2004-04-08 13:11 AutoEmail
From: AutoEmail @ 2004-04-08 13:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

this is for your information..

you can email Sami@Mugrubi.net for any questions you have after viewing the site http://Mugrubi.net

* Re: Info
@ 2003-08-26 17:28 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2003-08-26 17:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin; +Cc: LPJohnson

On Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 11:31:28AM -0500, Larry Johnson at 066 wrote:
>Thank you kind sir.  I certainly appreciate your assistance.  I am not a
>Linux Guru, although some have referred to me as a M$ geek.  I know a thing
>or three.  I have come to like Linux more'n more over the last few years.  I
>have it as my primary OS now at home.  The office is still using Win2K for
>now.  We'll see.  And Thanx again.

Just a caveat:  Be aware that cygwin is not a 100% perfect emulation of linux.
If you are teaching a class using cygwin with the intent that it will emulate
RHL 9, then you should make sure that everyone is aware that cygwin and linux
are two different things.

cgf
--
Please use the resources at cygwin.com rather than sending personal email.
Special for spam email harvesters: send email to aaaspam@sourceware.org

* Re: Info
@ 2003-08-26 17:25 Jim Drash
From: Jim Drash @ 2003-08-26 17:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

If you are teaching a class on RedHat Linux 9, why would you use CygWin?
They aren't the same by a long shot. If you were teaching a class on the
GNU toolchain, then CygWin is ideal.

* RE: Info
@ 2003-08-26 17:13 Larry Johnson at 066
From: Larry Johnson at 066 @ 2003-08-26 17:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Thank you kind sir.  I certainly appreciate your assistance.  I am not a
Linux Guru, although some have referred to me as a M$ geek.  I know a thing
or three.  I have come to like Linux more'n more over the last few years.  I
have it as my primary OS now at home.  The office is still using Win2K for
now.  We'll see.  And Thanx again.

Kindest Regards,
THE BEAR
aka
Larry Patrick Johnson
Cell         402-301-4834
Office      402-331-2900
THE BEAR'S Office Email lpjohnson@itt-tech.edu
THE BEAR'S HOME EMAIL johnsonlarrypatr@qwest.net

@ 2002-05-04  8:42 Editor
From: Editor @ 2002-05-04  8:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

We plan to provide information pertinent to environmental protection from the perspective of technology. Recipients of this new initiative will obtain the following services:
-  weekly newsletter which contains information on the most recent changes, achievements, problems, etc. in the environmental protection field
-  access to forum where environmental subjects and technology are discussed
-  participation in the creation of new journal which in five editions will address technological and regulatory needs of environmental improvement
-  information on relevant books and other sources of information
Recipients of Newsletter can always discontinue its delivery by selection of unsubscribe option or by sending e-mail with Remove in the subject to myenvironment@interlog.com .
We hope to have your active participation in this new initiative to DISSEMINATE data-based knowledge helpful in improvement of current state of environment.

* Re: info
@ 2002-04-19  8:09 CoolInfo4U1008
From: CoolInfo4U1008 @ 2002-04-19  8:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hey There!<br><br>  Are you a guy? Do you ever worry that your penis isn't as
large as it <b>could be</b>? Maybe you've considered buying a pump? Well, the
pump WILL make your penis bigger, that is a fact. But what if you want to do
something with your penis besides leave it in a tube? In that case you're
back where you started. And then there's surgery. Did you know there is
fairly high rate of failure with that kind of stuff? I'd rather have an
average penis than a deformed penis, wouldn't you? If you're ready to get
serious about increasing the size of your penis, then read on. Not only will
the Add-Inches program give you a bigger dick, it will help you sustain
erections, it will help you achieve <b>multiple orgasms without losing your
erection</b>, it will teach you thrusting techniches that will set you apart
in bed from just about every man out there, and it will teach you how to
control your orgasms so closely that you can <b>actually plan them</b>. It
will do all of this <b>without pumps, surgery, or anything harmful to your
* Last longer in bed<br>* Control your orgasms so you can actually plan when
they happen<br>
* Increase your penis size without pumps, surgery, or any other gadgets or
invasive techniques<br><br>then try the program. We are so sure that it will
work for you we GUARANTEE it 100%. If you do the excersizes in the program
and don't see results within 1 month we will <b>refund 100% of your
money</b>. This program works, it's been tried and tested. Read the
testimonials, try the program, you've got nothing to lose. <b>Are you ready
to be on your way to having the dick you've always dreamed about? If you are,

sent unsolicited. If you wish to be removed from future mailings please email
removeme2200@hushmail.com with the subject "REMOVE". Thank you.

* Re: info
@ 2002-04-02 10:17 CoolFasterStuf
From: CoolFasterStuf @ 2002-04-02 10:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

@ 2001-10-30 14:07 Scott Prive
From: Scott Prive @ 2001-10-30 14:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

info

* info
@ 1999-04-30 18:32 ` R. Hickling
From: R. Hickling @ 1999-04-30 18:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Well I couldn't get info to work or compile it from sources - but I
really just wanted to read the damn files, so I downloaded emacs and
pointed that in the right direction ... no problem there.

* info
@ 1999-04-28  6:24 R. Hickling
From: R. Hickling @ 1999-04-28  6:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin